Phil Bentham

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Phil Bentham

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Absolute disgrace!

I will ask one question, would the Australian officials be as 'friendly' to us in Australia?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Re: Phil Bentham

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Absolute disgrace!

I will ask one question, would the Australian officials be as 'friendly' to us in Australia?
Bentham did everything possible in that game to ensure we lost.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

He had a poor game but the refs dont want to offend or they will not be allowed to ref down under. Disgrace

TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Absolute disgrace!

Bentham did everything possible in that game to ensure we lost.
Exactly!! Why did he give a pen against us for their second try? How many forward passes did he miss?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Wigan Watcher wrote:He had a poor game but the refs dont want to offend or they will not be allowed to ref down under. Disgrace
Agreed!!
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

He's a brown nosing Aussie arse licking lobby gobbling cheat
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Once again an English ref bottles it when refereeing an Australian team. Its a joke.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

They key decision for me was the one that went against Charnley in extra time in the one-on-one.

I can't fathom it out. If it was a deliberate knock on or not square that is a penalty but he gave a scrum to Brisbane when the ball went toward the Wigan line.

They got down the other end as a result and ended up getting the penalty to win.

TrueBlueWarrior

DaveO wrote:They key decision for me was the one that went against Charnley in extra time in the one-on-one.

I can't fathom it out. If it was a deliberate knock on or not square that is a penalty but he gave a scrum to Brisbane when the ball went toward the Wigan line.

They got down the other end as a result and ended up getting the penalty to win.
Yes and that one!!
curryman

Post by curryman »

Morph wrote:There were ample opportunities for Bent-ham to give similar penalties for both teams throughout the match, but the cheating bent t*** chose to give it against us in golden point territory.

It pisses me off (and I don't really care if other people are offended by the language I use) as when we are playing in Oz their refs give their sides everything and when they come over here our refs give them everything so that they can say we weren't biased towards us.

Expect the bald headed bastard to be given a plumb job at the end of the season. Mark my words!

Edited - please refrain from using disgusting language - Josie
Bentham is the most blatant TV ref I have ever witnessed. I have now seen dozens of games where he has been in charge and the cameras have been present and every time, without fail, he manages to ensure that by the end of the game everyone is talking about Phil Bentham above anything else. When I played, many moons ago now, they used to say that a referee had had a good game when you did not notice that they were there.

By that criteria, Bentham has never had a good game, ever.

It seems to be a universal problem with him.
Fans of non-Wigan super league teams think he is totally biased towards Wigan. Yet we Wigan fans know that the opposite is true.

In the Four Nations final 2014, Bentham disallowed Australia a try at the end of the match, refusing to check with the video ref, when replays suggested that the Aussies had produced a legitimate score. Australia lost that game and consequently Australian fans think he is biased against them. Yet on the evidence of last night, Bentham was clearly biased against the English side.

Its frightening to think that this clown is regarded as our best referee. He gets picked for all of the big games, he is adored by Sky and the RFL. On top of this, the standard of the rest of the referees is so bad that there does not seem to be anyone in the game good enough to replace him.

The sad thing about last night was that he ruined what had been set up to be a dramatic end to an interesting evening. Burgess' try electrified the occasion. Bentham killed it with his random and erratic decision making.