Joel Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Joel Tomkins

Post by medlocke »

What a Bell End :angry:
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Joel Tomkins

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:What a Bell End :angry:
Really? Was it that bad? Did he not just drop the ball? Does that not happen 50 times a game?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Well for me I thought that Tomkins and Gelling both ran their blood to water and neither deserved to be on the losing side.
Joe Burgess almost redeemed himself with that late try but there is no getting away from the fact that his howling error to present the Convicts with their first try was the error that lost us the match.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

ian.birchall wrote:Well for me I thought that Tomkins and Gelling both ran their blood to water and neither deserved to be on the losing side.
Joe Burgess almost redeemed himself with that late try but there is no getting away from the fact that his howling error to present the Convicts with their first try was the error that lost us the match.
Couldn't agree more
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Time to end the Burgess experiment IMO. Get Manfredi in and let him learn his trade.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:Time to end the Burgess experiment IMO. Get Manfredi in and let him learn his trade.
I am sure someone will sooner or later post "his head is on the plane to Oz" or similar but I don't think it is.

In fact I think he is trying too hard to prove it isn't.

He's trying to win the game single handed every time he gets the ball from whatever position he is in.

This is where the coach comes in.

Wane needs to explain he doesn't need to make a spectacular break every time he gets the ball.

PaulC

Post by PaulC »

DaveO wrote:
Mike wrote:Time to end the Burgess experiment IMO. Get Manfredi in and let him learn his trade.
I am sure someone will sooner or later post "his head is on the plane to Oz" or similar but I don't think it is.

He's trying to win the game single handed every time he gets the ball from whatever position he is in.

Wane needs to explain he doesn't need to make a spectacular break every time he gets the ball.

Id kind of agree with that (almost). Last season we seemed to always give the ball to budgie instead of Charnley, this year we dont seem to want to give it to budgie - always seems to go to joel just inside him.

How is the lad meant to score without the ball - mind you on tonights performance I can see why they wont give it him. Tricky one really
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I disagree I think it's charnley who's being starved of the ball and isn't getting any running chances
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:

Was only saying the same thing. He's trying too hard, feels there is a lot of expectation on him him thus he's losing his confidence because things aren't working out !
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I'm sure that Budgie his doing his best but remember it's only his second year in the top grade! The Aussies have taken a gamble on a massive potential talent and I wish he was staying. However, under the circumstances, he shouldn't be given preference to Manfredi and we need to get Dom ready for next season. If we don't loan him to another Super League side Dom really needs to get into the starting lineup.