Lightweight Pack

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Lightweight Pack

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:What happened to Tautai? He looked good when he was on but then disappeared.

He was the only prop looked as big as their men and made yards up the middle.

Defensively our forwards put in a huge effort but going forward apart from him they were just running into a brick wall.
I agree, and as a result, perhaps Wane did not want him to get injured with two possible hard away games to follow at Hull KR and Castleford,especially when we are playing with two young Props in Crosby and Sutton.

The more experience in the team, the better in games that do matter.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

at the start of the match it did look like we were on the small side, but at one point(correct me if i am wrong) we had both Clubb, Tautai and tomkins on the pitch and i relised we do have some big strong players, when mossop and flower are back i cannot see us being out muscled in any game.

if Clubb plays like he did on saturday all this season i feel sorry for any team who come up against him.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

KOOCH wrote:Thought young John Bateman had another tremendous game again.
Loose forward for now and the future for me.

When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We are not a lightweight pack.
There are plenty props over 6'3" and plenty over 17 stone.
Trouble is some are not available.
Mossop wasn't selected, neither was Greenwood, Flower's not available and TT didn't come back for a 2nd time.
Our pack is big, very mobile and skillful.
Against Brisbane were we missing Mossop, Flower & O'Loughlin, then TT got injured. Any team would miss players of that calibre.
We have 28 SL games to go and our pack is one of the best in SL.