Well at least we scored!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Well at least we scored!

Post by Kittwazzer »

In fact we were level after 80 mins.
And Wire acquitted themselves well.

Sad that the current Super League Champions couldn't manage to get on the scoresheet.

I'm gutted for them. Really, I am!

PHNARR PHNARR PHNARR!!!
Shaun1967

Re: Well at least we scored!

Post by Shaun1967 »

Apparently they are on a special edition of Pointless with Alexander Armstrong next week.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Shaun1967 wrote:Apparently they are on a special edition of Pointless with Alexander Armstrong next week.
:lol:
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Whilst I have little sympathy for Saints that result makes me fear for the future of our game! I wonder if we will be able to buy Bunnies shirts, or t-shirts with Madge's face on them, in the club shop prior to our home game with Saints :lol:
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Laughed my effin head off.
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

KOOCH wrote:Laughed my effin head off.
You and me both

Normally id be routing for any english teams, but after the slagging off we got from stains over yesterday, I was more than happy to see the slaughter :-)

They are the only team to have ever been nilled in a WCC match AND they hold the top 3 worst loss margins in the WCC - class :-)
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

PaulC wrote:
KOOCH wrote:Laughed my effin head off.
You and me both

Normally id be routing for any english teams, but after the slagging off we got from stains over yesterday, I was more than happy to see the slaughter :-)

They are the only team to have ever been nilled in a WCC match AND they hold the top 3 worst loss margins in the WCC - class :-)
Be careful with that thinking as the same could have happen to us with the way South Sydney played!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The result would have been no better, probably worse has we had to play Souths

The Broncos finished 8th, St George ? 12 / 13th
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

i don't agree with you CP, i would have found a game between south and Wigan very interesting, both coachs knowing however the other plays would have made it interesting. i'm under now illusion that we would have still lost but i could of seen wigan putting up a better fight than saints.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Caboosegg wrote:i don't agree with you CP, i would have found a game between south and Wigan very interesting, both coachs knowing however the other plays would have made it interesting. i'm under now illusion that we would have still lost but i could of seen wigan putting up a better fight than saints.
Our completion rate / field position v Sydney City and now the Broncos was very poor. The players flog their guts out, just as Wire did, just as Saints did but the philosophy is significantly inferior to the best of the NRL (Rabbitohs) no matter who they play.

Saints actually created some tries (3 IIRC) BUT the goal line defence of the Rabbitohs was the best I have EVER seen. The kicking game by the Rabbitohs was also far better than anything Saints, Wigan or Wire produced.

Sorry but the Rabbitohs would have put the same and more on any SL club, a lot more v the majority. The comments from Wilkin and Cunnigham tell the truth Test match Rugby beats SL Rugby EVERY TIME, if you have 60-50% completion as all 3 SL clubs did you simply cannot hope to beat 80-90% completion.

The Saints players flogged themselves silly, so did the Wigan players, so did the Wire players BUT no amount of effort can overcome DUMB SL coaching philosophy / mentality, It has reached the point where SL is lions led by donkeys. We are no different.

Re Madge, his coaching has evolved / developed whereas we have taken his ideas and made them worse. However, for the majority of SL fans that is fine because when it comes to dumber v dumber we win more than we lose. For the youngsters, they need to seriously think if their development is better in SL or the NRL.