Josh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Josh

Post by Owd Codger »

menpond wrote:Charnley is an average test winger. He cannot beat a man. It needs a top player like Gelling to create space to prise open defences. After all ,Charney is not M Offiah who terrified the OZ test team every time he got the ball,is he???
Are you and Swagger one and the same?

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
menpond wrote:Charnley is an average test winger. He cannot beat a man. It needs a top player like Gelling to create space to prise open defences. After all ,Charney is not M Offiah who terrified the OZ test team every time he got the ball,is he???
Who is Swagger?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

i think that alot of the issues charnley has had this season is coming from the halfs, ive been to all three matches at the dw so far and there seems to be a general lack of play towards his wing, at huddersfield and Brisbane Charnley was asking for it and still played out towards budgies wing, i don't know if this is a game plan from Wane or just a preferance of players to play to one side.

im not saying that they never play to his wing but on saturday there is a point were Gelling and Charnley had plenty of room and not enough defenders to stop them, the ball was played out to Budgie instead and nothing came of the set, you could see Charnley was pretty annoyed as he ran back to the line to start defence.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Bring back Gene Miles or Dean Bell
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

sc74

Post by sc74 »

josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Who is Swagger?
Check out wigantoday.net and he trolls on every rugby story. Quite the celebrity.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

sc74 wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Are you and Swagger one and the same?
Who is Swagger?
Check out wigantoday.net and he trolls on every rugby story. Quite the celebrity.
Oh, right! I don't buy it any more Thank you for the heads up ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
sc74 wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Who is Swagger?
Oh, right! I don't buy it any more Thank you for the heads up ????
Josie, You don't need to buy the rag, Wigan Today is their website.

As for Swagger, he is a troll who pertains to be a Latic's supporter, but hates the Warriors.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:

Josie, You don't need to buy the rag, Wigan Today is their website.

As for Swagger, he is a troll who pertains to be a Latic's supporter, but hates the Warriors.
Somebody else you can get your teeth into then.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

doc wrote:The amount of times Josh has run into touch due to the centre/2nd row being forced to run towards the wing and crowding him out is getting silly. He needs to learn to come off his wing and look to get an inside ball from his centre.
No, the inside men need to straighten up, draw a man and pass - that's what good centres do.
If I was playing centre to JC then he would receive the ball early every time - the lad is a match winner and he would make me look good! At present he doesn't look like scoring!!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
doc

Post by doc »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
doc wrote:The amount of times Josh has run into touch due to the centre/2nd row being forced to run towards the wing and crowding him out is getting silly. He needs to learn to come off his wing and look to get an inside ball from his centre.
No, the inside men need to straighten up, draw a man and pass - that's what good centres do.
If I was playing centre to JC then he would receive the ball early every time - the lad is a match winner and he would make me look good! At present he doesn't look like scoring!!
While I agree that the centre should give him the space to run he should still be able to read the game well enough to know that at times he needs to come inside his centre or he will be shoved in to touch as soon as he gets the ball.