Burgess

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

Re: Burgess

Post by southportcdm »

I agree, the fact that Joe is going next season means that we must give Dom every chance to develop. I'm a big fan of Joe but he's not the only youngster that's had second season syndrome. He's not a priority this season unless Dom proves he's not up to the job or is injured. The only time that Joe should be playing is if he's playing far better than Dom (he was last year) and would make a difference in a big game.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Just seen Wigan TV highlights, Hull KR first try was an awful mistake.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

His head is in Australia and the sooner his arse joins it the better!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:His head is in Australia and the sooner his arse joins it the better!
Agree. Young lad ill advised at his age with a head that can't cope with his decision!
Sorry, but its thanks very much and bye for me.
Move over Rover and let Dom Manfredi take over!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Scored a try and helped largely to set up another try.

Perhaps he has been told to try to let kicks go dead rather than do the easy option and concede a drop out and another set of 6. Far from the first Wigan player to get caught trying to let the ball run dead rather than force it dead this season or last season.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Think you are being a tad simplistic there. His attitude and body language says it all for me whereas if he does what you are saying it's down to the coach?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Think you are being a tad simplistic there. His attitude and body language says it all for me whereas if he does what you are saying it's down to the coach?
He is not the only Wigan back that tries to let the ball run dead. To be honest they are not particularly good at it; there are ways and means of making it very difficult for somebody to get close enough to touch the ball for a try albeit kicking it dead is the easy option.

What concerns me is Wigan never even seemed to consider the weather conditions re tactics. With the wind in your favour at Hull KR a drop out is not that bad given how far it can travel with the win in your favour.

I just think there is an element Budgie is leaving lets criticise him etc. etc. far more readily than many other players.

I would also add that for a young player not having a settled centre partner cannot help particularly when the L3 defender George is also inexperienced.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Think you are being a tad simplistic there. His attitude and body language says it all for me whereas if he does what you are saying it's down to the coach?
He is not the only Wigan back that tries to let the ball run dead. To be honest they are not particularly good at it; there are ways and means of making it very difficult for somebody to get close enough to touch the ball for a try albeit kicking it dead is the easy option.

What concerns me is Wigan never even seemed to consider the weather conditions re tactics. With the wind in your favour at Hull KR a drop out is not that bad given how far it can travel with the win in your favour.

I just think there is an element Budgie is leaving lets criticise him etc. etc. far more readily than many other players.

I would also add that for a young player not having a settled centre partner cannot help particularly when the L3 defender George is also inexperienced.
cpwigan. Burgess may be scoring a try or helping to set one up in every game but at the moment, they are being outweighed by mistakes like dropping the ball with some leading to a try by our opponents.

You cannot blame any change of Centre for that situation.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

12 (potential) points created, 6 points lost

Or has he become you blame player too (as he is leaving)
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Chris Ashton all over again... :(