Warriors Trying to Push-Up Standards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors Trying to Push-Up Standards

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun Wane says his players have taken new measures to help wipe out errors from their game.

The Warriors were masters of their own downfall as they went down 22-20 to Hull KR in an error-strewn performance on Sunday.

Now Wane's team have introduced a new rule that will see any player who knocks-on complete 50 press-ups.

Speaking at his weekly press conference, Wane said: "I try different methods, the players have come up with that one and I'm going to go with that. We need to improve, there is no doubt about that but I've every confidence in the players. If they were lacking in effort I'd be worried but they're trying their best and they trust me. It's my job as Coach to make them better."

Reflecting back on the narrow defeat at the KC Lightstream Stadium, Wane said: "It was disappointing but we'll learn a lot from that game. We were just very dumb. In the bits of possession that we had I thought we were very good, I thought we were clinical and they couldn't hold us but we just couldn't keep hold of the ball long enough."

Wane is keen for his players to take on board the messages from him and his coaching staff saying: "The message is very simple, keep hold of the ball, look after the skill and we'll win games but we're not grasping that yet so it's been a frustrating week."

One positive to come out of the defeat was the long-awaited return of Lee Mossop. The Cumbrian Prop-forward played in the game with Wane happy with his overall contribution: "I thought he carried the ball well. His defence needs some work but he's a big body and I thought he played well and took his try well, not only that but his other carries were good so it's good to have Lee back. I thought Larne had his best game yet so there were some positives but it wasn't enough to get us the win."

Matty Bowen (rested) and Dan Sarginson (deadleg) are expected to return with Wane running the rule over Dom Crosby (knee) at training before deciding whether to include him or not in his 19-man squad. Sean O'Loughlin is recovering well from recent surgery and is expected to return within the next four or five weeks.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... wzLTUFl.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Warriors Trying to Push-Up Standards

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

this sounds like something a P.E teacher would suggest!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
menpond

Post by menpond »

If Wane had listened to Mcguire,maybe he would know how to respond to these problems./?
mp
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

It's a farce.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

josie andrews wrote:Now Wane's team have introduced a new rule that will see any player who knocks-on complete 50 press-ups.

Speaking at his weekly press conference, Wane said: "I try different methods, the players have come up with that one and I'm going to go with that.
So the players suggest an idea in an attempt to improve personal performances and still some are not happy that Wane isn't listening.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Are these the same players who are going out every week looking for a fight? Sounds about right.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

I really find this pathetic and something I would expect from an amateur coach.I am totally sick of the whole look how hard we are and look how tough we train routine.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I guess this means the the players think they weren't trying hard enough to not drop the ball and that they need more motivation to not make mistakes.

I wouldn't have thought that was the case TBH. I imagine they are already trying not to drop the ball as hard as they can.

I wonder who gets to assign blame for each mistake - the passer or the dropper, or both!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
menpond

Post by menpond »

It all seems so retarded. Cannot think of a better word.SORRY.
mp
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Listening and reading Wane's jibe now is getting cringeworthy to be honest!

He is a master of repetition and it's getting boring!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame