Charnley

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dobby

Re: Charnley

Post by Dobby »

I have it on good authority that Charnley will be away to RU. At this moment in time hecwont even be a great loss and he is certainly playing like a man whose head is away.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Dobby wrote:I have it on good authority that Charnley will be away to RU. At this moment in time hecwont even be a great loss and he is certainly playing like a man whose head is away.
He's playing with a crap centre!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Dobby wrote:I have it on good authority that Charnley will be away to RU. At this moment in time hecwont even be a great loss and he is certainly playing like a man whose head is away.
no he's not, he's shite at the moment, deal with it
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:
He is not on his own!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
shaunedwardsfanclub

medlocke wrote:
He may be poor at the moment but that doesn't detract from the fact that Gelling is not a centre in a million years. I suggest you improve your knowledge of rugby league if you think otherwise.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

medlocke wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: He's playing with a crap centre!
He may be poor at the moment but that doesn't detract from the fact that Gelling is not a centre in a million years. I suggest you improve your knowledge of rugby league if you think otherwise.
6 missed tackles and 4 errors last night simply isn't good enough. He is never a centre and is never Wigan standard.
markill

Post by markill »

Dobby wrote:
6 missed tackles and 4 errors last night simply isn't good enough. He is never a centre and is never Wigan standard.
Were you at the game or just looking at the numbers Dobby? You've conveniently ignored the 2 try assists, both to his winger. And people say Gelling never passes to Josh! Also made the most metres in the side and when the normal pattern of play want working he was the only one who tried something different. 1 of his 'errors' was the missed interception, which must delayed Cas's first try as they would have been in - if it had come off the game would have stated very differently. Another error came off his kick through for himself which was inches away from being the only bit of inspirational play we saw from a Wigan player all night. I'm assuming one was his dropped offload, although I thought that went backwards - though with no team mates on the same page it was still ill advised. Can't remember the other, but they weren't all a disaster show of lacking concentration like the classic Gelling errors of the past. He was far from the worst performer in this side for me.

6 missed tackles is terrible, so is 7 missed tackles from Josh (with fewer successful one too). Both players will need to have a think about their tackling for sure. Although only 1 each the week before so it could just be a bad night against a very strong Cas left edge. Either way, I'm sure both will work hard to correct it.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
shaunedwardsfanclub

markill wrote:
Dobby wrote:
Were you at the game or just looking at the numbers Dobby? You've conveniently ignored the 2 try assists, both to his winger. And people say Gelling never passes to Josh! Also made the most metres in the side and when the normal pattern of play want working he was the only one who tried something different. 1 of his 'errors' was the missed interception, which must delayed Cas's first try as they would have been in - if it had come off the game would have stated very differently. Another error came off his kick through for himself which was inches away from being the only bit of inspirational play we saw from a Wigan player all night. I'm assuming one was his dropped offload, although I thought that went backwards - though with no team mates on the same page it was still ill advised. Can't remember the other, but they weren't all a disaster show of lacking concentration like the classic Gelling errors of the past. He was far from the worst performer in this side for me.

6 missed tackles is terrible, so is 7 missed tackles from Josh (with fewer successful one too). Both players will need to have a think about their tackling for sure. Although only 1 each the week before so it could just be a bad night against a very strong Cas left edge. Either way, I'm sure both will work hard to correct it.
I have not got a problem with Gelling both as a player or person, in fact I think he is a terrific club man. The problem is that we should have signed a centre when Thornley was injured and Gells should be competing for a place in the pack. The lad always gives 100%, makes good yards and is a big unit, but he doesn't have the skill set or speed for a centre.