Wigan v Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Wigan v Hull FC

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It's a massive game, isn't it. I am not anti Wane. He has achieved a great deal in his time with us. I do think we need a new coach at the end of the year, as I think a fresh perspective and a different style will be needed to get the best out of the team. I do think much of the bile directed at him is over the top, and overly personal. I simply do not care what he says - while he may not sound it, we certainly have one of the most sophisticated conditioning approaches in the game, and a style that has seem us win many games and trophies. People mention the dark days, but we are worlds away from the not so distant past when we would lose not because we under perform but because we weren't good enough. Give me Wane over Noble any day.
On Madge, he walked out on us, after throwing away an opportunity to win the Grand Final with a far stronger squad than Wane has ever had. I wouldn't knight him just yet.
Looking back to the last 2 games, I think the defeats were entirely explicable. Against Brisbane we put up the best performance of any side this year in the northern hemisphere. The toll that draw will have taken is bound to have lead to a massive drop off. Add to that 2 long trips to hostile territory with influenced refs, and the defeats were far more likely than not. It was particularly clever of Cas to move this to the Friday.
Next week there will be no such excuses. At home, against a less than brilliant team, and with players who must have recovered by now.
For what it's worth, I have seen enough in patches to think we will win a lot of games this year, but I share others views that this year should be Wane's last. That said, by the time he leaves he will be our most successful coach in SL history, something you'd find hard to deduce from his critics' critiques.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Kittwazzer wrote:Blackadder : Tell me do you ever stop bullying and shouting at the lower orders?
Wellington : NEVER! There's only one way to win a campaign shout, shout and shout again.
Blackadder : You don't think that inspired leadership and tactical ability have anything to do with it?
Wellington : NO! It's all down to shouting. WAAGGHH!
:lol: Very good
prodrive05

Post by prodrive05 »

i am afraid its time for wane to step down we need new ideas now and have done for 12 months. he is only going to stifle the young players coming through as the individual skill levels of certain players are being stopped by this so called system. Its great what shaun has done but its like groundhog day every performance and the 1 move wigan have when tomkins used to chime in the line does not work anymore due enlarge to a full back that has had his day SARGINSON FOR FULLBACK
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:Perhaps it will be a tough week of evaluating whats going wrong, planning solutions and implementating them?
Do you honestly think he means it that way? Because I certainly don't.
What do you really expect him to say?
Something a darn sight more intelligent than what he came out with that gives the impression he knows what he is doing.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Based on form this season several players will be lucky not to be dropped for week.

Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Trouble is if we have a good win and turn it around will waney be given credit? I think not.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Fujiman wrote:Trouble is if we have a good win and turn it around will waney be given credit? I think not.
If you mess up quite badly at work, are you likely to get praised for fixing it?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

sc74 wrote:
Fujiman wrote:Trouble is if we have a good win and turn it around will waney be given credit? I think not.
If you mess up quite badly at work, are you likely to get praised for fixing it?
Would it not be the boss's fault though?
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Fujiman wrote:
sc74 wrote:
Yeah, I guess it would be if he gave you the freedom to do absolutely whatever you want, no questions asked :D
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

sc74 wrote:
Fujiman wrote:
sc74 wrote: If you mess up quite badly at work, are you likely to get praised for fixing it?
Yeah, I guess it would be if he gave you the freedom to do absolutely whatever you want, no questions asked :D
:D