Matty

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Suzieb

Matty

Post by Suzieb »

Can anyone tell me why S/W keeps playing Matty Bowen at full back when it is quite clear that he,s not interested and is just on a busmans holiday i say send hin to Workington
thegimble

Re: Matty

Post by thegimble »

Suzieb wrote:Can anyone tell me why S/W keeps playing Matty Bowen at full back when it is quite clear that he,s not interested and is just on a busmans holiday i say send hin to Workington
Quite ironically he is by far not our worse player this season. So if he is on a busman's then some have gone awol.

Are homegrown like Budgie, Tomkins, Faz immune from critisism oir is it only players like Bowen, Gelling and Smith that gets blame week after week. Budgie has got hammered but performances by some senior players who have been here for years have got away with it by in large.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

thegimble wrote:
Suzieb wrote:Can anyone tell me why S/W keeps playing Matty Bowen at full back when it is quite clear that he,s not interested and is just on a busmans holiday i say send hin to Workington
Quite ironically he is by far not our worse player this season. So if he is on a busman's then some have gone awol.

Are homegrown like Budgie, Tomkins, Faz immune from critisism oir is it only players like Bowen, Gelling and Smith that gets blame week after week. Budgie has got hammered but performances by some senior players who have been here for years have got away with it by in large.
Isn't that a contradiction?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Dobby wrote:
thegimble wrote:

Isn't that a contradiction?
Yes i know. But it was the 3rd game people noticed his errors and voiced up[ about them. Whilst if Smith, Bowen and especially Gelling it would be before the final whistle of the game.

I do not care where a player comes from or his age.

As for Bowen i agree he is not the best FB we have in the club at the moment. That is Sarginson and if Wane is going to run the line of attack as he did with Sam then Sarginson is the only player that can do that sort of attack.

Its not about the player breaking through the line but about causing indecision in defence either creating a gap for himself of passing to a player who has space due to indecision. Bowen does not have the distribution skills to do that.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

No Dobby no one is immune so perhaps all the team shoukd go and play at workington at the minute i know its early days but we suppose to have the best players in the league come Wigan show us the Wigan we are used to watching
phild1

Post by phild1 »

Suzieb wrote:No Dobby no one is immune so perhaps all the team shoukd go and play at workington at the minute i know its early days but we suppose to have the best players in the league come Wigan show us the Wigan we are used to watching
= phild_you make it sound that workington is the Pitts or Wigan A.workington,Whitehaven,barrow,all had their glory days!!I watch some of the once great clubs and wonder where it all went wrong.we are not used to seeing Wigan just an ordinary side it hurts.time to dig in lads,earn your corn :(
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

No you cannot send Bowen to Workington. His work permit will allow him only to play for Wigan.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
markill

Post by markill »

ian.birchall wrote:No you cannot send Bowen to Workington. His work permit will allow him only to play for Wigan.
I'm not sure if the understanding of the legislation behind that has changed, because Gelling played there last year.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

markill wrote:
ian.birchall wrote:No you cannot send Bowen to Workington. His work permit will allow him only to play for Wigan.
I'm not sure if the understanding of the legislation behind that has changed, because Gelling played there last year.
It might depend on what nationality Gelling is classed as. If he is a Cooke Islander (played rep football for them) he may get free movement of labour as I think the EU has an agreement with some of the South Sea Island nations for that.

Bowen being an Aussie would not get that.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Nah, he couldn't play anywhere but Wigan for ages but the rules got relaxed last year. Maybe just for him, but I think it changed across the board.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆