Vs cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
slimshady

Re: Vs cas

Post by slimshady »

KOOCH wrote:
slimshady wrote:This threads a joke, we've played 4 games and its sack the coach. CPW is obsessed with "waneball" and some of you on here are swallowing it hook line and sinker, the teams not playing well with too many individual errors, after what I saw on the few highlights last night the video analysis this week will be eventful to say the least.
There is no problem behind the scenes as some want to think, the coach will sort it out. For me the biggest problem is Leneghan, this situation is down to him and him alone. He wants to do everything on the cheap, good players leave we don't replace them with quality players in the main positions. Get your hand in your pocket Leneghan and stop being a cheapskate
Now you have just insulted half those that have another opinion other than your own.Not all folk have swallowed cpw's as you call it obsession with waneball.Some folk including myself have formed our own conclusion on the state of play currently being played and see that things just are not right.I wonder if you will be saying 15 games in that it's time to sack the coach.CPW is as entitled to his views regardless of the fact that you do not agree with him.Or with others it seems.But he's entitled to voice his opinion even though you might find it not to your liking.I do not aspire to the belief that Madge was god nor do I believe that Shaun Wane is god either.Each coach brings something different but some bring that little bit more than others.For what it is worth I am now of the opinion that Wane had a game plan that worked for a while but now that other coaches have worked out our strategy he's running around like an headless chicken.Whilst I thank him and the team for bringing silverware to the club I firmly believe that it's either learn how to beat the other teams with quick clever rugby.Not clueless ill disciplined thuggish rugby or ship out.Now if you still wish to think that this thread is a joke I would suggest you visit a forum where all the folk agree with your view all of the time.This is a forum.
Who have I insulted? Possibly Leneghan by calling him a cheapskate, it's not the first time I've said this about him, I've said it from the start. We are all entitled to an opinion and we get the benefit of CPW's quite a lot with his problem with SW, I like SW, I liked Madge however the problem isn't the coaching its in recruitment. I don't think that SW has much of a say in who he can sign neither does Rads but they aren't going to come out and admit that. When CPW said about problems behind the scenes I presumed he meant between the coach and the players and I don't think that's the case. When I say this thread is a joke I mean that just over 4 competitive games ago we were in a grand final, we lost due to a sending off, we've had a bad start with disruption of the Brisbane game were we played well and now the consensus of opinion is sack the coach, that's the joke. Now that's my opinion on this forum, if you don't agree fine, I don't agree with many on here and if I feel like it I'll post
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

slimshady wrote:
KOOCH wrote:
slimshady wrote:This threads a joke, we've played 4 games and its sack the coach. CPW is obsessed with "waneball" and some of you on here are swallowing it hook line and sinker, the teams not playing well with too many individual errors, after what I saw on the few highlights last night the video analysis this week will be eventful to say the least.
There is no problem behind the scenes as some want to think, the coach will sort it out. For me the biggest problem is Leneghan, this situation is down to him and him alone. He wants to do everything on the cheap, good players leave we don't replace them with quality players in the main positions. Get your hand in your pocket Leneghan and stop being a cheapskate
Now you have just insulted half those that have another opinion other than your own.Not all folk have swallowed cpw's as you call it obsession with waneball.Some folk including myself have formed our own conclusion on the state of play currently being played and see that things just are not right.I wonder if you will be saying 15 games in that it's time to sack the coach.CPW is as entitled to his views regardless of the fact that you do not agree with him.Or with others it seems.But he's entitled to voice his opinion even though you might find it not to your liking.I do not aspire to the belief that Madge was god nor do I believe that Shaun Wane is god either.Each coach brings something different but some bring that little bit more than others.For what it is worth I am now of the opinion that Wane had a game plan that worked for a while but now that other coaches have worked out our strategy he's running around like an headless chicken.Whilst I thank him and the team for bringing silverware to the club I firmly believe that it's either learn how to beat the other teams with quick clever rugby.Not clueless ill disciplined thuggish rugby or ship out.Now if you still wish to think that this thread is a joke I would suggest you visit a forum where all the folk agree with your view all of the time.This is a forum.
Who have I insulted? Possibly Leneghan by calling him a cheapskate, it's not the first time I've said this about him, I've said it from the start. We are all entitled to an opinion and we get the benefit of CPW's quite a lot with his problem with SW, I like SW, I liked Madge however the problem isn't the coaching its in recruitment. I don't think that SW has much of a say in who he can sign neither does Rads but they aren't going to come out and admit that. When CPW said about problems behind the scenes I presumed he meant between the coach and the players and I don't think that's the case. When I say this thread is a joke I mean that just over 4 competitive games ago we were in a grand final, we lost due to a sending off, we've had a bad start with disruption of the Brisbane game were we played well and now the consensus of opinion is sack the coach, that's the joke. Now that's my opinion on this forum, if you don't agree fine, I don't agree with many on here and if I feel like it I'll post
Well I agree your entitled to your opinion.As for insulting others.Have a look back at your comment that some on here are swallowing hook line and sinker cpw's obsession with wane.Give people credit for having reached the conclusion that maybe it's time for Wane to move over without cpw's influence.I honestly believed that at the time Shaun was the man to bring silverware to the club and he should be given the chance to prove himself.He did bring silverware to the club of that there is no dispute.But it seems that other coaches are out thinking him and have become wise to our style of play.Can he adapt or adopt any other style that is the question. I personally think it's time for him to move aside and bring in someone else.The biggest joke is that with the squad of players available to him we should be doing a damned sight better than we are doing.If change is going to come it might be a little to late by then.And thanks for posting your response.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Slim I never said there was trouble between players and coach. My assumption is that nothing could be further from the truth.

You then linked the trouble to IL solely when I know that IL, Rads and Wane work closely and are involved collectively in the decision making.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

slimshady wrote:
KOOCH wrote:
Well said, you are entitled to express a opinion but the only problem it has to be in line with the same ones who know more about about coaching and playing than those who actually do it.

You know the type, never can take the rough with the smooth and the answer is always 'SACK THE COACH', with some on here even saying it when we are successful.

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

KOOCH wrote:
slimshady wrote:
KOOCH wrote:Now you have just insulted half those that have another opinion other than your own.Not all folk have swallowed cpw's as you call it obsession with waneball.Some folk including myself have formed our own conclusion on the state of play currently being played and see that things just are not right.I wonder if you will be saying 15 games in that it's time to sack the coach.CPW is as entitled to his views regardless of the fact that you do not agree with him.Or with others it seems.But he's entitled to voice his opinion even though you might find it not to your liking.I do not aspire to the belief that Madge was god nor do I believe that Shaun Wane is god either.Each coach brings something different but some bring that little bit more than others.For what it is worth I am now of the opinion that Wane had a game plan that worked for a while but now that other coaches have worked out our strategy he's running around like an headless chicken.Whilst I thank him and the team for bringing silverware to the club I firmly believe that it's either learn how to beat the other teams with quick clever rugby.Not clueless ill disciplined thuggish rugby or ship out.Now if you still wish to think that this thread is a joke I would suggest you visit a forum where all the folk agree with your view all of the time.This is a forum.
Well I agree your entitled to your opinion.As for insulting others.Have a look back at your comment that some on here are swallowing hook line and sinker cpw's obsession with wane.Give people credit for having reached the conclusion that maybe it's time for Wane to move over without cpw's influence.I honestly believed that at the time Shaun was the man to bring silverware to the club and he should be given the chance to prove himself.He did bring silverware to the club of that there is no dispute.But it seems that other coaches are out thinking him and have become wise to our style of play.Can he adapt or adopt any other style that is the question. I personally think it's time for him to move aside and bring in someone else.The biggest joke is that with the squad of players available to him we should be doing a damned sight better than we are doing.If change is going to come it might be a little to late by then.And thanks for posting your response.
This is to the person who I blocked who subsequently followed up slimshady's response to my post.The reason I block you is because I consider you to be an idiot.It is my right to voice my concerns about the coach of our club.You carry on with your white stick approach until it is too late.I don't mind slimshady having his response because his post was a reasond post whereas yours is the same old claptrap.I will always block you simply because of the fact that you are an idiot.If this results in me being banned from the site then so be it as it would be worth it.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Sorry to intrude on private conversations but can anyone tell me why Sam Powell started at stand-off on Friday? He doesn't seem to have really improved since his debut with his hesitant decision-making and slow-passing causing a real problem for attacks. If George Williams was to be the stand-off, why was he ditched so soon and what did Logan Tomkins do wrong? Williams becomes the sub hooker (?!) and Tomkins who, during his loan spell, used the time to improve his speed of passing and decision-making gets the shaft. As for Burgess, his basic defence is sound (everyone makes errors - the key is whether you learn from them) and I do hope that he will be back ASAP to bolster the defence - Sarginson is still learning.

It seems as if we not only have a stubborn refusal to change the base tactics but sudden irrational panic moves combining to give the impression that the odd scapegoat will deflect criticism.

I think that worries me more than anything else.
markill

Post by markill »

Both of Charnley's tries were because of Sam Powell taking the ball to the line and asking questions of some defenders before passing it on. He was the only Wigan player I saw do that on Friday night and doing that - passing the ball close to the line, something Green was excellent at - is the key component in making our attacking structures work. It's how you move players out of position to create the spaces and indecision on the edges. Maybe that's why he played.

Williams was going through what looked like a fitness test when the players first came out to warm up so I'm not sure if that was why Powell started. The problem for Powell is Wane wants to use him but he's pretty ineffective as interchange hooker, although Williams with his speed of the mark can be effective from there. Personally I'd still start Williams because he's the player I see the most from all around, but I even prefer Powell in the halves to Hampshire, who in my eyes is better in space, something you get less of in super league than u19s which is why I see sense in converting him to full back. I struggle to understand why Powell seems so universally disliked by Wigan fans.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

slimshady wrote:
KOOCH wrote:
Can you please explain how IFL is a cheapskate? I can assure you that SW identifies players that he wishes to sign and Rads and IFL try and make it happen if they are in agreement. Tautai and Patrick are two examples of this. Please feel free to contradict me but give me examples of players SW has wanted to sign where IFL as vetoed his request.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
slimshady wrote:
KOOCH wrote: Can you please explain how IFL is a cheapskate? I can assure you that SW identifies players that he wishes to sign and Rads and IFL try and make it happen if they are in agreement. Tautai and Patrick are two examples of this. Please feel free to contradict me but give me examples of players SW has wanted to sign where IFL as vetoed his request.
1. he wouldn't sack Noble as it would cost money
1a. he won't sack Wane as it would cost even more money
2. he buys cheap project players
3. he pays the youngsters a pittance
4. he gives players long contracts then sells them off for a profit
5. he won't build us a shiny new stadium

Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

markill wrote:Both of Charnley's tries were because of Sam Powell taking the ball to the line and asking questions of some defenders before passing it on. He was the only Wigan player I saw do that on Friday night and doing that - passing the ball close to the line, something Green was excellent at - is the key component in making our attacking structures work. It's how you move players out of position to create the spaces and indecision on the edges. Maybe that's why he played.

Williams was going through what looked like a fitness test when the players first came out to warm up so I'm not sure if that was why Powell started. The problem for Powell is Wane wants to use him but he's pretty ineffective as interchange hooker, although Williams with his speed of the mark can be effective from there. Personally I'd still start Williams because he's the player I see the most from all around, but I even prefer Powell in the halves to Hampshire, who in my eyes is better in space, something you get less of in super league than u19s which is why I see sense in converting him to full back. I struggle to understand why Powell seems so universally disliked by Wigan fans.
Fair comment. I don't dislike Powell, I just think he's not improving in the way that I'd expect, unlike Williams and not sure about his long-term career with Wigan. It's bit reminiscent of Luke Robinson who tried hard but wasn't quite up to the high standard that is expected. Agree about him as a replacement hooker - basically, he looks like a scrum-half to me not a stand-off and I'm not sure he's a good enough tactical kicker to hold down that role.

I always liked Green - he was a great big-match player but it's funny how much better he seems to have become since he's left the club!