Re: Woefull Wane

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Post by markill »

CP, McIlorum is rarely kicking out of dummy half because we rarely win the ruck so far this season so there's a risk of markers closing him down.

We're losing the ruck a lot, both in attack and defence. I reckon we only won a handful all night on Friday.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You are right re not winning the ruck but I am not sure when we win it he was kicking under Wane.I always thought that under Madge he was developing his skill set.

If we looked to go forward in and around the POTB more we might win the ruck more IMO.
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Well his Wigan TV interview wasnt very good IMO.

The interviewer eluded to the basics not being done, Wane counters with "No, we didnt hit hard enough" that sounds more like a game plan for a scrap down King Street on Saturday night rather than a rugby game.

Ive kept my council on this guy but these last few weeks he is totally infuriating with his own dumb comments.

Shaun needs to shape up PDQ or he will have quite a few thousand fans on his back and he will find it very difficult to bring them around.
Too many players would rather have a fight than play rugby
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

We are not getting beat by teams running and tackling harder than us, we are getting beat by teams playing better rugby than us. Some of Wanes recent post match comments have had me scratching my head wondering if I've been watching different games than him.