One rule for one and another rule

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gillysmyhero

One rule for one and another rule

Post by gillysmyhero »

Another.. I rate Wane as a coach but think he treats players differently maybe to the point of favouritism. He drops Williams to bench against cas because he has an erratic game against KR and again tonight. He also drops Sutton against cas. And Bateman to bench tonight. He plays Powell at 6 and brings Williams at hooker after telling us that he was going to give the halfbacks a good run together. Now my point is that other players have been poor like Farrell and gelling (both who I rate) keep getting picked no matter what they do wrong. Budgie has had a few poor games and won't be here next year yet only gets dropped for one game when manfredi did ok last week. All this is my opinion but I think some players seem to be above getting dropped.
josie andrews

Re: One rule for one and another rule

Post by josie andrews »

gillysmyhero wrote: Another.. I rate Wane as a coach but think he treats players differently maybe to the point of favouritism. He drops Williams to bench against cas because he has an erratic game against KR and again tonight. He also drops Sutton against cas. And Bateman to bench tonight. He plays Powell at 6 and brings Williams at hooker after telling us that he was going to give the halfbacks a good run together. Now my point is that other players have been poor like Farrell and gelling (both who I rate) keep getting picked no matter what they do wrong. Budgie has had a few poor games and won't be here next year yet only gets dropped for one game when manfredi did ok last week. All this is my opinion but I think some players seem to be above getting dropped.
Sutton was injured v Cas

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

gillysmyhero wrote:Budgie has had a few poor games and won't be here next year yet only gets dropped for one game when manfredi did ok last week. All this is my opinion but I think some players seem to be above getting dropped.
For me he can go to Aus now. He has got too big for his boots. too many handling errors. Let Manfredi have his do.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

captinjack wrote:
gillysmyhero wrote:Budgie has had a few poor games and won't be here next year yet only gets dropped for one game when manfredi did ok last week. All this is my opinion but I think some players seem to be above getting dropped.
For me he can go to Aus now. He has got too big for his boots. too many handling errors. Let Manfredi have his do.
He hardly had a good pass all night! The lad is 6' 4" & he had to get down to balls at his feet!

There is too much expectation & pressure on him after last season plus he has lost his confidence IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
captinjack wrote:
He hardly had a good pass all night! The lad is 6' 4" & he had to get down to balls at his feet!
Exactly! Glad you mentioned it Josie.

I expected a few "Budgie is on the plane" comments again but in my view he had no chance with the passes he dropped.

The problem was the passing, not the winger.

If the passing is of that standard we need to play a different style of game.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:
captinjack wrote:

There is too much expectation & pressure on him after last season plus he has lost his confidence IMO
The problem is that the guys inside him are crap at the moment, our execution is a million miles away from where it should have been. It must have been obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse that Hull' s weak link was their right defence yet we could not take advantage.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I'm not Burgess bashing at all I'm just pointing out that wane has said that he picks players on form and that at the minute its doesn't seem that way.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

josie andrews wrote:
captinjack wrote:

Spot on Josie. I don't think the lad had one decent ball to hand all night.As you quite rightly say the lads 6'4''.Hows he supposed to pick most passes up from his boot laces or behind him.We know he's short on confidence so these wayward passes are going to do nothing to help restore it.Because the expectations of him are very high.After last season he's expected to score every time he gets the ball.If he gets the ball that is.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

KOOCH wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
captinjack wrote: For me he can go to Aus now. He has got too big for his boots. too many handling errors. Let Manfredi have his do.

Spot on Josie. I don't think the lad had one decent ball to hand all night.As you quite rightly say the lads 6'4''.Hows he supposed to pick most passes up from his boot laces or behind him.We know he's short on confidence so these wayward passes are going to do nothing to help restore it.Because the expectations of him are very high.After last season he's expected to score every time he gets the ball.If he gets the ball that is.
True, but wait till he gets to the NRL.