New kit for next season ??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: New kit for next seaso...

Post by robjoenz »

Doug Stand posted:
robjoenz posted:
Don't you think it is though Doug?
Are you setting me up here Rob??? if I answer that the jersey is more like fire engine red than Cherry am I going to need one to put out all the flames? :)
Would I set you up?

I was the one that said it was more Fire Engine Red than Cherry.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doug Stand posted:
robjoenz posted:
Are you setting me up here Rob??? if I answer that the jersey is more like fire engine red than Cherry am I going to need one to put out all the flames? :)
:D :D :D

Where's MrsLam? I need help with this one!
Last Oct / Nov , when this season's shirt first came out, we had this "discussion"...
http://130.88.246.72/cgi-bin/wigan?stat ... bject84908

(you need to read the whole thread to get the full "flavour")
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

robjoenz posted:
Tom; you can purchase vintage Wigan RL shirts if you have £60 spare. I've seen them for sale on several RL websites.
Aready got one, had it since new and I'm wearing it now! My point was, I wanted the players to wear them!
Wigan 'til I die.
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

Also, regardless of what red it is, it is Cherry because its a Wigan shirt. If its blood red bright red whatever, that has to be ignored. If wigan wore green and blue next season, I'd still insist it was Cherry and white.
Wigan 'til I die.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i disagree. the shirt we have now can be classed as cherry although it does look redish it is cherry and white. if we went round wearing green and blue i wouldnt say its a cherry and white shirt because it wouldn't be, it would be a green and blue shirt. it would still be wigan's shirt. just not the same. we actually have a really nice shirt. i think the nicest. bradford's away kit mings the big one.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Champions

Post by Champions »

I do like our shirt now....I just think it could be improved......and just to state the obvious, a blue and green shirt wouldn't look good! lol :lol:
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

GeoffN posted:
Doug Stand posted:
robjoenz posted:
:D :D :D

Where's MrsLam? I need help with this one!
Last Oct / Nov , when this season's shirt first came out, we had this "discussion"...
http://130.88.246.72/cgi-bin/wigan?stat ... bject84908

(you need to read the whole thread to get the full "flavour")
haha :D I've still got those pics on my computer just incase we ever need to have that argument again, saved in it's own "Debates with Rob" file :P I still say it's more glazed cherry than fire engine red though. :wink:

By the way, I see I got the last say in that argument, does that mean I win or did i just block the thread?!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

If we have to have new shirts can they make the sizes a bit more realistic. My current shirt is extra, extra, extra large and was still to tight to wear anything underneath. Now i've lost weight for the summer and can finally fit in it without breathing in.
I say keep this shirt for another season and give us our money's worth.
Champions

Post by Champions »

I agree....though my shirt isnt quite that big lol :lol: but they have made the shirts alot smaller this year. I hope they don't follow London and go to skintight shirts.....theres nothing wrong with big and baggy, its traditional!
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

do they not realise that tight shirts and pie eaters don't go together.
Just been to JJB for my new everton shirt and had the same trouble with no shirt big enough for me.