Pettibourne

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ddtftf

Pettibourne

Post by ddtftf »

Just watched him playing for Gold Coast Titans and he was outstanding, big drives in and offloading for a try. He was nothing like the player we saw at Wigan, he is blasting players on their backsides. There has to be something wrong with the coaching to see this amount of change in a player.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Pettibourne

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ddtftf wrote:Just watched him playing for Penrith and he was outstanding, big drives in and offloading for a try. He was nothing like the player we saw at Wigan, he is blasting players on their backsides. There has to be something wrong with the coaching to see this amount of change in a player.
I totally agree.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jobo

Post by jobo »

How can any coach stop a player from having to return home because his father is ill?
An opinion is one thing but this type of critisism of the coaching staff is bordering on near lunacy.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

jobo wrote:How can any coach stop a player from having to return home because his father is ill?
An opinion is one thing but this type of critisism of the coaching staff is bordering on near lunacy.
jobo wrote:How can any coach stop a player from having to return home because his father is ill?
No one has said anything about the club letting him go home. Where did you get that from 4 posts i see nothing like that in any.

I was not one of those who believed that some see nothing wrong at the club and everything is rosy but your post proves i got that wrong.

Petty was ok at times for us but bot destructive but before he came he was and now appears he is again. Coaching at the club needs to be questioned if this is the case. That is the point the OP is making but your read it as he was saying the club was at fault for letting him go home. Have i missed a post?

Paranoia comes to mind.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ddtftf wrote:Just watched him playing for Penrith and he was outstanding, big drives in and offloading for a try. He was nothing like the player we saw at Wigan, he is blasting players on their backsides. There has to be something wrong with the coaching to see this amount of change in a player.
100% agree and been saying this for 12 months. You only need to look at Farrell to see that.And please don't anyone come back with Wane basher whinge. I love Wigan with a passion but recently taken off tinted glasses and smelt the roses.
jobo

Post by jobo »

thegimble wrote:
No one has said anything about the club letting him go home. Where did you get that from 4 posts i see nothing like that in any.

I was not one of those who believed that some see nothing wrong at the club and everything is rosy but your post proves i got that wrong.

Petty was ok at times for us but bot destructive but before he came he was and now appears he is again. Coaching at the club needs to be questioned if this is the case. That is the point the OP is making but your read it as he was saying the club was at fault for letting him go home. Have i missed a post?
I've probably too much time on my hands at the moment and not enough patience but you're right, I didn't read the post through before replying. The gist however hasn't changed one bit. I don't usually get heated up over people spouting what I consider to be nonsense but some of the stuff that's been levelled at Wane is pure rubbish. He knows more about RL and how to coach it than all the armchair coaches on this forum put together.
Seeing as how you've brought CPW into the equation, a lot of what he posts is excellent but quite a bit of it comes across as plain nutty and his insidious campaign against Wane is just plain ugly.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

jobo wrote:
thegimble wrote:

I've probably too much time on my hands at the moment and not enough patience but you're right, I didn't read the post through before replying. The gist however hasn't changed one bit. I don't usually get heated up over people spouting what I consider to be nonsense but some of the stuff that's been levelled at Wane is pure rubbish. He knows more about RL and how to coach it than all the armchair coaches on this forum put together.
Seeing as how you've brought CPW into the equation, a lot of what he posts is excellent but quite a bit of it comes across as plain nutty and his insidious campaign against Wane is just plain ugly.
He does know more but this is when it becomes an issue. He has a certain way of playing and players have to fit that style. So it begs the question why did we sign Petty if he was playing a certain style which is not Wanes style.

Petty is not a poor player fact that Madge went after him for us as well rather proves that point but he never played anything up to his ability. Even in the World Cup he looked destructive.

As for Wane he might have the Mourinhio about him he has his way so he is never wrong everyone is. And even you have to admit we are awful this season so far. And certain players who have been good for us like Faz are now playing their worst rugby.

None of what i have said is Wane bashing but facts.

1. Petty looked good before us
2. Okish for us
3. Looks good after us.
4. Faz is poor atm as is at least 4-5 players who were a lot better last season.
5. We are poor so far this season.

Fact is SL is still poor and someone tell me how the hell are 5th playing as we are. And i do excpect us to improve as the weeks go on we have confidence issues as we are bombing tries game after game.

old hooker

Post by old hooker »

It is quite obvious that EP was not happy in the UK, neither was his partner hence his average displays.Nothing whatsoever to do with coaching.
jobo

Post by jobo »

thegimble wrote:
jobo wrote:
thegimble wrote: No one has said anything about the club letting him go home. Where did you get that from 4 posts i see nothing like that in any.

He does know more but this is when it becomes an issue. He has a certain way of playing and players have to fit that style. So it begs the question why did we sign Petty if he was playing a certain style which is not Wanes style.

Petty is not a poor player fact that Madge went after him for us as well rather proves that point but he never played anything up to his ability. Even in the World Cup he looked destructive.

As for Wane he might have the Mourinhio about him he has his way so he is never wrong everyone is. And even you have to admit we are awful this season so far. And certain players who have been good for us like Faz are now playing their worst rugby.

None of what i have said is Wane bashing but facts.

1. Petty looked good before us
2. Okish for us
3. Looks good after us.
4. Faz is poor atm as is at least 4-5 players who were a lot better last season.
5. We are poor so far this season.

Fact is SL is still poor and someone tell me how the hell are 5th playing as we are. And i do excpect us to improve as the weeks go on we have confidence issues as we are bombing tries game after game.
Well put Gimble. Thought this might turn into one of those daft name calling exercises but you are obviously mature and intelligent enough to post a good response.

Don't agree with everything you've put but that's your opinion and that's fair enough for me.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Josh Perry & Roy Asotasi weren't bad players the season before they came to the UK, but look how they have performed.

Tony Smith & Simmons/Rush/Brown must have coached that out of them too.... :conf: