Salford

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Owd Codger

Re: Salford

Post by Owd Codger »

I see Koucash is now facing reality about his investment in Salford!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:I see Koucash is now facing reality about his investment in Salford!
But he is still there WW. I think the Dr is important for the whole of RL as he is bluntly honest and want the game to progress. Far too many in RL are happy with the status quo.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

the only difference between Wane and Harris is one was a forward the other a half

Could not see Harris doing any better
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

markill wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Mike wrote:THe problem with the ground is access. It is a nightmare to get to. If I was him I'd put a big push into getting a connecting road built between the Trafford Center and the ground under the viaduct. Might be an engineering challenge, but its the only way to make it easier for people to get to the ground.
It is very bad planning on somebody's part (council?). I thought I read somewhere they were trying to improve the access route?

I agree with your POV / suggestion BTW
I think it's improved but they've been doing work on the junction to which in the short term doesn't help. They switch the road to be Twp lanes in before game and two out after game which is decent, so the only obstacle becomes the car park. But is it really that hard to get to!? Plus, didn't they put buses on from Eccles and the willows and other places that apparently are much easier to get to/from.People aren't really taking advantage though I guess, or it didn't last.
The traffic at the junction is so bad that if you get on a bus from the manchester side it is much faster to walk to the ground. The whole road is gridlock to the roundabout and if you try to drive down the motorway instead you spend hours in the jam up there. I've found parking about 1 mile away from the ground in the estates on the manchester size and then walking is the only way to go. Most of the Salford fans have to do that too.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

OAMJSS wrote:the only difference between Wane and Harris is one was a forward the other a half

Could not see Harris doing any better
I don't understand your point about one being a forward and the other a half.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:I see Koucash is now facing reality about his investment in Salford!
But he is still there WW. I think the Dr is important for the whole of RL as he is bluntly honest and want the game to progress. Far too many in RL are happy with the status quo.
He sure is, but for how long when he is losing money.

And anyone can say anything to be popular with those who will listen.

Like I have said before, would make a good politician!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

IMO he's the opposite of a good politician. He says what he means way too much for that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Not a great fan of Koucash.But he is trying to promote game even at the expense of loosing money. My grandson is walking out with players at wakefield game with members of his St pats team mates. For this honour they have had to sell 50 tickets at £22 each that's £1,100 for the privilege. They have had a call from Salford inviting them to go and play a 3 game mini tournament before Wigan game. all players and coaches free and any family members £10 a ticket. Now that's what I call enticing youngsters into watching the games.So in my eyes it's Wigan who say one thing then do opposite. not very inviting is it charging over a grand to walk out with your home club.
superleague

Post by superleague »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote: Not a great fan of Koucash.But he is trying to promote game even at the expense of loosing money. My grandson is walking out with players at wakefield game with members of his St pats team mates. For this honour they have had to sell 50 tickets at £22 each that's £1,100 for the privilege. They have had a call from Salford inviting them to go and play a 3 game mini tournament before Wigan game. all players and coaches free and any family members £10 a ticket. Now that's what I call enticing youngsters into watching the games.So in my eyes it's Wigan who say one thing then do opposite. not very inviting is it charging over a grand to walk out with your home club.
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote: Not a great fan of Koucash.But he is trying to promote game even at the expense of loosing money. My grandson is walking out with players at wakefield game with members of his St pats team mates. For this honour they have had to sell 50 tickets at £22 each that's £1,100 for the privilege. They have had a call from Salford inviting them to go and play a 3 game mini tournament before Wigan game. all players and coaches free and any family members £10 a ticket. Now that's what I call enticing youngsters into watching the games.So in my eyes it's Wigan who say one thing then do opposite. not very inviting is it charging over a grand to walk out with your home club.
Haha that's ridiculous a £1000, bloody lenegan for you the tight git
jobo

Post by jobo »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:Not a great fan of Koucash.But he is trying to promote game even at the expense of loosing money. My grandson is walking out with players at wakefield game with members of his St pats team mates. For this honour they have had to sell 50 tickets at £22 each that's £1,100 for the privilege. They have had a call from Salford inviting them to go and play a 3 game mini tournament before Wigan game. all players and coaches free and any family members £10 a ticket. Now that's what I call enticing youngsters into watching the games.So in my eyes it's Wigan who say one thing then do opposite. not very inviting is it charging over a grand to walk out with your home club.
Lot of the amateur clubs are royally peed off with Wigan. At least you've dispelled one myth though, which was Pats get to do it for free.