Charnley OUT

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Charnley OUT

Post by cpwigan »

Suzieb wrote:Shaun,s comment a bit silly really dont think he meant any mallice to either player but each player is only as good as the team they play in and at present thats not the case you cant score tries if you are not getting the ball and imo too much barging down the middle and not enough wide out
Very true and albeit it is no bad thing, Joel playing second row means less tries for those outside him.
robspark

Post by robspark »

cpwigan wrote:
Wes wrote:Personally I'd have Manfredi on the wing with Josh inside him. I really do think we could have a Michael Jennings type centre in Josh given the chance.
It is certainly something worth trying IMO
Agreed, just like to see the wingers getting put into scoring opportunities by their centres, i get the feeling gells and sarge are afraid to put the wingers into a hole for fear of reprisal from Waney if it goes wrong and they turn over possession

Josh's bad luck gives Dom an opportunity, he did Ok versus Cas, pity its against Moon and Hall first up! More game time prior would have been better, you wont have to question his effort and desire.
pedro

Post by pedro »

cpwigan wrote:Only surmising from Wanes pre leeds interview, apparently Manfredi does the hit ups like a prop :o Obviously he should be playing prop then :roll:
from what ive seen of him, he doesnt.
endoman

Post by endoman »

pedro wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Only surmising from Wanes pre leeds interview, apparently Manfredi does the hit ups like a prop :o Obviously he should be playing prop then :roll:
Here's a thought, why not let the props take the hit ups? Novel concept I know.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

pedro wrote:
My thought too. I like him but he steps like 99% wingers do and should.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

endoman wrote:
pedro wrote:
Here's a thought, why not let the props take the hit ups? Novel concept I know.
Effective too