Can't understand how bad we are

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wildbeast

Can't understand how bad we are

Post by wildbeast »

How have we become so bad?
The team which went to the gf last year was virtually the same as now excluding green and lockers. We were the better team despite the sending off and the rugby played to get to the final was superb so why the dramatic fall. Seems to me we are desperately short of a thinker (Green)who made Smith looker much better than he is.No guile and loss of confidance is significant, there is no shortage of effort but very little cohesion. Can't put all the blame on Wane who has his heart in the right place but seriously is he the right man for the job? Reminds me of a younger Alex Murphy -all bluff and bluster with the brains of a rocking horse. Oh for a John Monie !
slimshady

Re: Can't understand how bad we are

Post by slimshady »

wildbeast wrote:How have we become so bad?
The team which went to the gf last year was virtually the same as now excluding green and lockers. We were the better team despite the sending off and the rugby played to get to the final was superb so why the dramatic fall. Seems to me we are desperately short of a thinker (Green)who made Smith looker much better than he is.No guile and loss of confidance is significant, there is no shortage of effort but very little cohesion. Can't put all the blame on Wane who has his heart in the right place but seriously is he the right man for the job? Reminds me of a younger Alex Murphy -all bluff and bluster with the brains of a rocking horse. Oh for a John Monie !
Youve answered the Question yourself, Blake Green is a massive loss for us. Watched him for Storm this morning and he was class, even the commentators said what a great signing he was for Storm. Matty Smith is under a lot of pressure to control what Wigan do but with missing Lockers and lots of inexperience, lots more individual errors than we are used to and a penalty count thats too high hes going to have to step up bigtime.
wildbeast

Re: Can't understand how bad we are

Post by wildbeast »

Correct -desperately need a playmaker and this should have been a priority.Coach position will eventually have to be addressed.