Is it any wonder why other clubs call us "The Wigan Worryers"

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Is it any wonder why other clubs call us "The Wigan...

Post by cpwigan »

the sully bar wrote:
Warrior20 wrote:
the sully bar wrote:I knew the first person that would comment is the one that constantly whines , thats the last comment from me better things to do with time :doz: things will improve but im not sure if you want them to the way you go on .
Too many people would rather see Wane fail as they don't like him as a person. Nothing to do with his coaching ability. To some, the fact we won the double counts for nothing anymore (some people even think that winning the double wasn't down to Wane!!) Wane has won every trophy possible in 3 years (he actually achieved this after 2 seasons), not many coaches who can say they have done that. Clearly something is wrong at Wigan at the moment, but to be calling for a coaches head so soon, without giving him chance to change things, is ridiculous. If this season doesn't get any better than fair enough, but after 6 league matches, don't be daft. He has a proven track record of winning things. Give him time to turn it around.
Totaly agree mate! allso the fact we "should" of won the league last season and got to the grand final while having half of the salery cap on the bench for most of the season counts for nothing as well , half of this lot i swear want to be proved right with wigan losing games , all negitive doom and gloom six games in ,
Get behind the lads of friday shout some encouragement as if i still played and came on here and read half of the stuff thats spouted i wouldnt want to bother.
Wigan fans have standards. Do you seriously think ANY Wigan fan wants to lose to Saints. We want to win everything we possibly can.

Could have / should have do not exist in the record books BTW.
the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

cpwigan wrote:
the sully bar wrote:I knew the first person that would comment is the one that constantly whines , thats the last comment from me better things to do with time :doz: things will improve but im not sure if you want them to the way you go on .
Why not answer the question, engage in debate.
That was a bit harsh from me reading back hence why i am not a poster , all im saying is that come the end of the season is the time for calling for a change in management not six games in a new season , now is the time to rally the troops and get behind the team especially with the saints game coming up , what i do think about the recent losses is something is wrong inside the squad , Farrells constant penaltys ,budges lack of ball controll all of a suddern but im sure we will come good ! :D
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

cpwigan wrote:
Warrior20 wrote:
Too many people would rather see Wane fail as they don't like him as a person. Nothing to do with his coaching ability. To some, the fact we won the double counts for nothing anymore (some people even think that winning the double wasn't down to Wane!!) Wane has won every trophy possible in 3 years (he actually achieved this after 2 seasons), not many coaches who can say they have done that. Clearly something is wrong at Wigan at the moment, but to be calling for a coaches head so soon, without giving him chance to change things, is ridiculous. If this season doesn't get any better than fair enough, but after 6 league matches, don't be daft. He has a proven track record of winning things. Give him time to turn it around.
NOBODY wants to see Wane fail. The fans, players like him as a person, his man management albeit missing the true understanding of what man management is I.E Madge will always be well liked. Unfortunately, far too many people that matter (NOT US FANS) have or are losing confidence / belief in his methods. Very few people can coach at the highest level. Increasingly, people are reaching the conclusion Wane is not one of them.
Quite a few people on here could have fooled me time and time again.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Dear Sully Bar,

Things are not going right and some of this is not under Wane's control.
We have around seven first teamers injured and this affects the team greatly but SW can't do anything about it.

What he can do is adapt to deal without these players and it appears at times he isn't doing that. I posted a topic yesterday about being concerned and highlighted the fact that Leeds' starting props made 37 carries in the game wheras our made just 7. How do we win the forward battle like that? That was entirely down to SW.

There are many other posters who have different views to mine but are equally concerned about how the team is playing, is selection right, are the tactics right and is recruitment what it should be.

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm not worried just frustrated that things could be so much better than they are even given the injury situation Wane finds himself in.

No one wants Waney to succeed more than me for reasons I won't bore you with. I most certainly don't want him to fail.
We are seventh in the League and have scored fewer points than any other team.
That is a concern to me.

Yours Concerned,

Tunbridge Wells!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No worrys Sully. I guess because people are passionate about this club they want the very best for it. The majority us us incl myself have been spoiled by success. Nothing wrong with that, we are Wigan RLFC not Hunslet, Huddersfield etc.

My own expectations are incredibly high, some would argue too high.
BriH

Post by BriH »

cpwigan wrote:No worrys Sully. I guess because people are passionate about this club they want the very best for it. The majority us us incl myself have been spoiled by success. Nothing wrong with that, we are Wigan RLFC not Hunslet, Huddersfield etc.

My own expectations are incredibly high, some would argue too high.
That's the way I think as well CP: I have high expectations for Wigan and hate it when we are mediocre.
Owd Codger

Re: Is it any wonder why other clubs call us "The Wigan Worryers"

Post by Owd Codger »

the sully bar wrote:Im not much of a person who posts on forums more a reader and my god reading all the doom and gloom threads below is cringe worthy at the very least,
The word supporter ring any bells ? i know we are going through a bad spell but in sport guess what .....these things happen !
There has been activity on here now than since we were in the double winning season which may i add started bad and again the whining posts started !wayne out! blah blah
In the words of a old boy who sits behind me in the east stand that shouted this at the last game....
GEEEEEEET A BLOODY GRIP WIGAN!
I swear some of the posters on here a secret saints fans trolling .
Now you know why many good posters have stopped posting!

cpwigan

Re: Is it any wonder why other clubs call us "The Wigan Worryers"

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
the sully bar wrote:Im not much of a person who posts on forums more a reader and my god reading all the doom and gloom threads below is cringe worthy at the very least,
The word supporter ring any bells ? i know we are going through a bad spell but in sport guess what .....these things happen !
There has been activity on here now than since we were in the double winning season which may i add started bad and again the whining posts started !wayne out! blah blah
In the words of a old boy who sits behind me in the east stand that shouted this at the last game....
GEEEEEEET A BLOODY GRIP WIGAN!
I swear some of the posters on here a secret saints fans trolling .
Now you know why many good posters have stopped posting!

WW, your statement proves to me that you are a previous disgruntled poster hiding behind another login name.

BTW There are the same number of posters as there has ever been.