Shaun Edwards

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
southportcdm

Re: Shaun Edwards

Post by southportcdm »

I think you'll find that Shaun has always kept up to date with the latest developments in coaching. He always intended to become a coach and it's common knowledge that as a player he took notes on all of methods used by the coaches he worked with. Leneghan is a great fan of Shaun and I personally think that it would be a dream appointment. If Shaun takes the job you can be certain that he'll be well prepared. My only doubt would be if he'd want to take the job in the first place. There seem to be lots of 'background' personal reasons for him staying down south.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

A little known piece of information re the Edwards. John Monie used to use Jackie to do advance scouting on forthcoming opponents. One of the great tragedies of our sport is that Jackies playing career was cut tragically short.
menpond

Post by menpond »

Edwards knows more than enough re RL,not nucleur physics is it?He is the right age,and has worked with some of the greatest Rugby players in the world.It comes down to the emotional maturity to lead grown men,something Wane appears to be cluelss on,and Mcguire brilliant of course. Would like to see Edwards try.
mp
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Well put Menpond can't argue with that.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Would be interesting to see if Edwards could demonstrate Rugby League coaching levels to that close to Madge's ability, I'm not confident he could get anywhere near that level.
A Legend in his League playing career, but as a League coach I'm not so sure.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

would be interesting to know how the game has moved forward since he left, apart from a few rule changes i think the game has gone backwards, the players are supposedly more fitter yet get injured more and we struggle to compete with the aussies and NZ, at international level we are marginly better than France
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I agree with you meds I think the game in England has gone backwards.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

Meds Its moved forward in some ways but backwards in others, the fitness and training now is fantastic but I think the coaching side doesnt inspire me. Someone somewhere has decided that every position play a certain way and it seems the creativity is coached out of players from a young age.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

He could be brought in as Waneys assistant but would doubt that would work.

I Think he would quickly want to turn Waneball into Edwards ball :lol:

I doubt he would come as a number 2 but this may aid his transition back into RL and maybe allow him to spend some time with Wayne Bennet and co in the NRL studying their methods.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

As Mike Ford said, Yawnion players need to learn the basic Rugby League skills before they play Rugby.
Sean Edwards 15 years in absence from League also determines this.
Happy to continue this conversation in years to come.