Multiple Quotes

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Multiple Quotes

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:What I would like to know is how one person can be on the website all times of the day with opinions, many of which are on the same theme.

Especially, when most have other and better things to do, like going out to work!
Who are you directing that towards?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kaii wrote:Josie's news items come in useful for many reasons fixture changes, travelling, U19's etc how any one can have an issue surprises me.

It's not hard to trim the quote section manually if you know it annoys some people. Board etiquette
I would think 100% of the people accessing this forum also access the club website too.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

You can be a right sarcastic & bombastic person cp
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

cpwigan wrote:
I would think 100% of the people accessing this forum also access the club website too.
Sorry I only read the club website sporadically to look up specifics so again appreciate club news posted here (I better watch what colour my nose is turning :lol: )
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Whelley Warrior wrote:What I would like to know is how one person can be on the website all times of the day with opinions, many of which are on the same theme.

Especially, when most have other and better things to do, like going out to work!
Useful things phones that connect to the internet WW :lol:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

southernpie wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
And FYI not everyone reads the news forum!
I for one very rarely read anything other than the forums, so appreciate the news items posted here to keep me informed.
Ditto. And her headline tells you immediately if its a topic you wish to read. If not, just ignore it and move on!
BriH

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:Can posters please refrain from quoting multiple threads?

You can just highlight the particular piece you are replying to instead of several quotes where the reader has to scroll down nearly a full page to get to the reply then has to read every quote to see what that reply is in answer to!

Thank you
Agree entirely Josie.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

southernpie wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Sorry I only read the club website sporadically to look up specifics so again appreciate club news posted here (I better watch what colour my nose is turning :lol: )
Since I do most of my rugby based browsing at work on my phone this site is a lot more mobile friendly than the official site. Plus Josie is trying to be helpful (which it is) and I appreciate it like most people
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The trouble with having news items in this forum is they push the discussion threads off the first page too quickly.

I think this is more of a problem than it used to be due to what looks like a higher volume of news stories these days

I regularly check the other forums for the content that belongs in those e.g. rumours in the rumour mill etc.

I am not sure why people would find it hard to look for news in the news forum.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

DaveO wrote:The trouble with having news items in this forum is they push the discussion threads off the first page too quickly.

I think this is more of a problem than it used to be due to what looks like a higher volume of news stories these days

I regularly check the other forums for the content that belongs in those e.g. rumours in the rumour mill etc.

I am not sure why people would find it hard to look for news in the news forum.
:eusa2: i agree, i select "view active topics" and sometimes hit with 4 or 5 posts of copied news from the official site that pushes other debates / topics off the page, it can be quite annoying IMO
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing