A chance for us all to improve the club

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: A chance for us all to improve the club

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote:The stadium needs to invest in its own permanent big screen, not the crappy one sky bring
I wanted this when Lenighan got his £1million 18 months ago when we sold Sam etc, they've had one at Leeds for several seasons, I remember being impressed when they had it working for the Academy grand final a couple of years ago when we weren't allowed to play at home. I would expand the idea however to have one in each corner.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
the sully bar wrote:Well the club held a meeting yesterday at the new central park offices for the fans to discuss how to improve the atmosphere and a massive two supporters turned up ,
Rads is going to treat them on good friday at the game in thanks for there support.
Dont think the club will bother again.
TROLL
no troll there WW. it was Ursula Baxter who was at the meeting i think and she said it was only her and her hubby turned up and rads was treating them
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

the pieman wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:
Leave the gameday alone in my opinion. We are an aged demographic.

just picking up on this particular point - some of us may be older, but we wont be here for ever and times change, and for the club to continue to exist they need new customers / fans (its a business whether we like it or not)

the club need to find a way of attracting a younger generation as they will be the future of the club for years to come (and so on and so on), it will change again in 5, 10, 15 years time, with the development of social media and whatever is coming down the line. Who would have thought when we played at CP, that a few years down the line we would advertising on TV, twitter, facebook and whatever other sources are now available

i dont grumble about the entertainment now, but its not my cup of tea, and i'll quite happily applaud the singers / chinese acts etc that we have had on over the years

however Max etc are designed to get the young kids in and something to identify the club by, besides the team. My youngest has been to 2 games, but wanted a Max toy when i took her into the club shop

some fans want to get to the stadium 2 hours pre match and be entertained. i'm personally happy to rock up 10-15 minutes before the kick off and take my seat

i believe its a bit of a difficult one for the club as they wont please everyone, but need to find a way to keep us all happy and attract new fans

one thing that would have helped was more than 24 hours notice
Good post. One thing that crossed my mind was the stuff going on outside the ground should be more Wigan Warriors related.

Ok there is a club shop but I can't be bothered walking from Car Park 3 all the way around when my seat is in the East Stand to a packed out shop and that is usually the only Wigan related pre-match "thing" available.

How about alongside marquee's with bands playing or whatever some with young players or players out injured selling autographed programs?

Can you imagine the queue outside a marquee with Lockers doing that while he is sidelined?

Meet the players, get a "selfie" with Lockers etc.

the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

Now that the club is looking into DaveO and is another good idea , we need to attract younger fans if we are going to continue being a club with one of the highest attendance as in the recent years a lot moved to latics to see premership football , a lot is going on behind the scenes to improve "maxes club" before the games and kids love it and get the chance to be a mascot for the day , youth is the future of the club and should be encouraged if we want to keep a steady fan base at wigan .
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

the sully bar wrote:How am i a troll? go and check it out for yourself its hardly a secret ! Dont think ill bother with this site anymore with some of the people on here .
So you have notice too!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Good post. One thing that crossed my mind was the stuff going on outside the ground should be more Wigan Warriors related.

Ok there is a club shop but I can't be bothered walking from Car Park 3 all the way around when my seat is in the East Stand to a packed out shop and that is usually the only Wigan related pre-match "thing" available.

How about alongside marquee's with bands playing or whatever some with young players or players out injured selling autographed programs?

Can you imagine the queue outside a marquee with Lockers doing that while he is sidelined?

Or more importantly.

SOL gets a selfie with legendary DaveO.
the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
the sully bar wrote:How am i a troll? go and check it out for yourself its hardly a secret ! Dont think ill bother with this site anymore with some of the people on here .
So you have notice too!
Whats your problem WW ?
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.
jobo

Post by jobo »

I wouldn't get too worked up about it Sully. Took me a while to understand that on forums, folk will post comments that in real life they would never in a million years say face to face. Not that they are chicken or anything like that, it's just imo that this electronic media gubbins seems to send some folk nuts.
the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

jobo wrote:
I wouldn't get too worked up about it Sully. Took me a while to understand that on forums, folk will post comments that in real life they would never in a million years say face to face. Not that they are chicken or anything like that, it's just imo that this electronic media gubbins seems to send some folk nuts.
Cheers jobo and dont worry it takes more than that to wind me up these days , i just dont understand what his problem is ? but to be honest i dont realy care :wink:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble wrote:

Or more importantly.

SOL gets a selfie with legendary DaveO.
Well that made me laugh!