Poor Attendance?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Poor Attendance?

Post by cpwigan »

The derby is selling superbly as expected but tonight proves that every match still does not count / matter.
Caboosegg

Re: Poor Attendance?

Post by Caboosegg »

I don't think it's down to this not being a "important game"

Like it or not alot of fans will only bother turning up to games when we are on a winning streak, I think tonight's attendance is most likely a result of our form.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Wane's fault.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I don't remember them announcing the crowd size. What was it?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

10,787 according to bbc
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:10,787 according to bbc
I'd go with that. About 100 if that from Wakey. Credit to them for travelling on a Friday as with their injuries with 12 players out and despite our poor form there was only one result really.
the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

DaveO wrote:
I'd go with that. About 100 if that from Wakey. Credit to them for travelling on a Friday as with their injuries with 12 players out and despite our poor form there was only one result really.
Aye and they sung all game ,full credit to them ! most of our lot would of been with there head in there hands after such a battering :o
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Seems to be a poor attendance on here this week as well!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

the sully bar wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Aye and they sung all game ,full credit to them ! most of our lot would of been with there head in there hands after such a battering :o
I seemed to remember that during the Millward era, we showed the same defiance.

Anyway, if they come by coach, where else could they go, apart from the Red Robin or Burger King?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

the sully bar wrote:
DaveO wrote:
If Wigan OR any club had 100 diehards turn up you would see exactly the same response. IIRC, our attendances OUR vocal support grew when threatened by relegation.