Bowen Back For Saints Match?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Bowen Back For Saints Match?

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Was he dropped or rested last night? I expect him to be in the starting 13 on Good Friday, but I would prefer to see Hampshire.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
KOOCH

Re: Bowen Back For Saints Match?

Post by KOOCH »

Hampshire all day long thank you very much.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sadly I think Bowen was just rested but if selection is based on merit Rocky should keep his place until his form dips. If that means an overseas player / a name is not selected then so be it.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Bowen is totally safe under the high ball (one thing Rocky has struggled with in the first team), while he could be a little more attack minded lately he grounds it safely to start the six.
Against Saints it'll be safety first, Rocky is a #6 anyway
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Hull KR showed Kaii that the big Saints players struggle v small fast evasive players and Rocky fits that description. I think Saints might be struggling re injuries, we need to strike now the odds are moving in our favour.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

cpwigan wrote:I think Hull KR showed Kaii that the big Saints players struggle v small fast evasive players and Rocky fits that description. I think Saints might be struggling re injuries, we need to strike now the odds are moving in our favour.
That's about 7-8 times in a row Saints have lost away to Hull KR, it's one of their bogey sides. Form mean't nothing last night for them
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Good Stuff
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kaii wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I think Hull KR showed Kaii that the big Saints players struggle v small fast evasive players and Rocky fits that description. I think Saints might be struggling re injuries, we need to strike now the odds are moving in our favour.
That's about 7-8 times in a row Saints have lost away to Hull KR, it's one of their bogey sides. Form mean't nothing last night for them
I know their record their Kaii but last night if you look re the injured players / already injured and missing players then that Saints team is far less impressive than say Leeds.

If Saints are missing a few important players then they are there for the taking. The Saints fans I know all say they have not played that well yet.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

It's a Derby form/injuries mean nothing, last season they were super confident to a point of arrogance with our form not being too good. We won and won convincingly, so much in fact that a friend of mine who supports saints didn't speak to me for a week. He kept bragging and all i said is we'll win
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Was he dropped or rested last night? I expect him to be in the starting 13 on Good Friday, but I would prefer to see Hampshire.
He was out warming up as part of the 19 before the game so I'm assuming he was dropped.
We certainly seemed to have much more spark with Hampshire in.
We looked most dangerous when shifting it and bringing Hampshire back on the inside ball Billy Slater style. Almost came off a couple of times before leading to the break for Gellings penultimate try.
Hampshire will undoubtedly be under far more pressure v Saints, but I can't help feeling Saints will be under far more pressure trying to contain him rather than Bowen.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS