Poor Attendance?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sc74

Re: Poor Attendance?

Post by sc74 »

Why so many games on a Friday night, anyway?
If it's a Sky Live game, then they should be practically giving them away and this should have been part of the agreement with Sky.
Half-price tickets, with food/drink vouchers, especially in the colder/wetter months.
In summer, Friday night matches should be a great sell. Pub after work, trot off to the rugby and then back to the boozer.
markill

Post by markill »

sc74 wrote:Why so many games on a Friday night, anyway?
In this particular week it's because of Easter. Gives sides more time before the double header. We see it most years. In the end we got a team on sky that would normally play Sunday, and two others that would normally play Sunday home games playing on the Friday instead. We might start to see less Sunday games with coaches making more of an issue about Thursday's, which in a small way backfires on Sky because it takes a potential 40k viewers away.

in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

Yea i don't recall them announcing the crowd size either clearly people thought it was a game they could miss,credit to the wakey fans though they gave it some bolstered by the 2 Labradors in their end :)
sc74

Post by sc74 »

markill wrote:
sc74 wrote:Why so many games on a Friday night, anyway?
In this particular week it's because of Easter. Gives sides more time before the double header. We see it most years. In the end we got a team on sky that would normally play Sunday, and two others that would normally play Sunday home games playing on the Friday instead. We might start to see less Sunday games with coaches making more of an issue about Thursday's, which in a small way backfires on Sky because it takes a potential 40k viewers away.
Thanks.
markill

Post by markill »

They announced the crowd at full time. Like they normally do. Maybe people missed it if they left early?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

markill wrote:They announced the crowd at full time. Like they normally do. Maybe people missed it if they left early?
Or weren't at the game which is more likely :wink:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Kaii wrote:
markill wrote:They announced the crowd at full time. Like they normally do. Maybe people missed it if they left early?
I wasn't there, but then again i'm only a fan and not a supporter :lol:
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

medlocke wrote:
Kaii wrote:
I wasn't there, but then again i'm only a fan and not a supporter :lol:
Meds you have opinions but never put yourself on pedestal as the fount of all knowledge and wisdom
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

They normally announce it before full time usually to a round of applause. I never leave early and I am certain now they didn't announce it when they normally do.

10k was a good crowd given so few Wakey fans.

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
They normally announce it before full time usually to a round of applause. I never leave early and I am certain now they didn't announce it when they normally do.

10k was a good crowd given so few Wakey fans.
It sure was in view of recent results and live coverage of the England football match on Freeview.