Is it Ben flowers fault

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Is it Ben flowers fault

Post by cpwigan »

gruffy wrote:2 wrongs dont make a right in my eyes,any other game and he'd have got away with it but not the grand final so he had to be punished,as for the other fella doesnt interest me to be honest if his club doesnt seem to want to disapline him then thats their problem,but having just watched it again yea the club got it bang on there was just no need for it,sorry but thats my view of it.

But i cant wait to see him back hopefully chomping at the bit too.
How can you say 2 wrong do not make a right Gruffy and then suggest it matters what the game it takes place in is important.

Re 2 Wrongs. Hypothetical your son / daughter is raped, they kill the rapist. Should your son or daughter be treated like somebody who kills somebody in cold blood for no reason or would you and the Barrister offer mitigation?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I don't understand this thread, it just seems to want to bring up the past for whatever reason!! I agree with the OP but think our current form has nothing to with the Ben Flower incident. He was handled disgustingly by the club!!

I think the poster is arguing what happened at the end of last season and during the close season has impacted upon this season. I do not agree but it is a valid argument / worth considering / discussing.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I don't understand this thread, it just seems to want to bring up the past for whatever reason!! I agree with the OP but think our current form has nothing to with the Ben Flower incident. He was handled disgustingly by the club!!

I think the poster is arguing what happened at the end of last season and during the close season has impacted upon this season. I do not agree but it is a valid argument / worth considering / discussing.
I edited my original reply and agree with the OP, I just think it needs to be forgotten about now because if nothing else it still infuriates me beyond belief!! No offence intended to OP!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

I edited my original reply and agree with the OP, I just think it needs to be forgotten about now because if nothing else it still infuriates me beyond belief!! No offence intended to OP!!
No offence taken
i have been thinking this for a couple of weeks as
something doesnt feel right
reading the board (i dont contribute that often) we have tactics, recruitment etc, but apart from Blake Green and SOL being injured we arent that different to the play offs
the players dont become bad players over night so IMO there is something else, others could be right, but thought i'd get others thoughts on it
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

The club did right by the club but they hung Flower out to the RFL. What annoys me is that LH got 1 game and that was wiped off for a elbow smash to the face and no one person from Wigan made an issue of it.
TrueBlueWarrior

the pieman wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
No offence taken
i have been thinking this for a couple of weeks as
something doesnt feel right
reading the board (i dont contribute that often) we have tactics, recruitment etc, but apart from Blake Green and SOL being injured we arent that different to the play offs
the players dont become bad players over night so IMO there is something else, others could be right, but thought i'd get others thoughts on it
It is certainly worth discussing it, but I just get so angry about the 'Victim' LH!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

I agree Gimble, but what the club did for the club was wrong to do!!
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

cpwigan wrote:
gruffy wrote:2 wrongs dont make a right in my eyes,any other game and he'd have got away with it but not the grand final so he had to be punished,as for the other fella doesnt interest me to be honest if his club doesnt seem to want to disapline him then thats their problem,but having just watched it again yea the club got it bang on there was just no need for it,sorry but thats my view of it.

But i cant wait to see him back hopefully chomping at the bit too.
How can you say 2 wrong do not make a right Gruffy and then suggest it matters what the game it takes place in is important.

Re 2 Wrongs. Hypothetical your son / daughter is raped, they kill the rapist. Should your son or daughter be treated like somebody who kills somebody in cold blood for no reason or would you and the Barrister offer mitigation?
If the TV cameras hadnt been there and such a high profile game it wouldnt have made the headlines that it the fact of ity was the showcase game he was always going to get a severe penalty.

Forgetting your annolgy and ive just watched it again (it doesnt get any better looking at it either)if that sort of thing had happened in wigan town centre and the police got involved it would surely have been classed as assult simple as that,he hit a man on the ground and that in any walk of life is utterly unacceptable.

In my view the club acted quickly and desivly and quite possibly saved Flower from further action given that some football players have been prosicuted for similar types of offenses.

Im not going to get into an arguement with anyone,you have your views and I certainly respect them as I hope you'll respect mine I can't wait to see the lad back in action and I really hope he's learned his lesson from that,we all go over the top in life and if we go to far we have to pay the piper his due just as Ben has done.

And in answer to the original question is this season Ben's fault no of course not.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Gruffy show me a RL player who has been injured by a punch? You will struggle to find many, if any. Elbows & forearms etc you will find many, many examples.

The club obviously IMO left Flower out to dry. It was a lynching with no defence offered. The way the club acted left a far greater black mark than Flowers silly 2nd punch. At least Flower acted in the heat of the moment whereas the club put 2 and 2 together and got 5!

Kaii

Post by Kaii »

He was lucky he wasn't sacked imo, i still expect him to leave at the end of the season. I said back then this wasn't over