Shaun Edwards

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Shaun Edwards

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote: I agree with you meds I think the game in England has gone backwards.
It's not only gone backwards it's dying! We shall only get definitive proof of whether Giz is good enough if he returns to our game. I for one, think he has forgot more than many current coaches know in SL.
Not gone backwards or dying, just lacking good quality players from Union like South Wales and players at their peak from the NRL like we used to have before Union went professional and also before the Aussies put a ban on any Aussie player at their peak from being considered for International selection, not to mention far more money now in Union and the NRL.
So it has gone backwards. Watch the NRL and I think you will find out that it is in rapid retreat.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Rugby League is near enough if not the national sport in Australia and along with that comes the big funding of their number one sport.
Most of the kids in schools want to play footy and its not the round ball version, so therefore are introduced at a very young age in a well controlled manner. Training for these youngsters is not as per age group but as per weight/size comparison, it is well monitored.
The Australian soccer team will nearly always come second to an English football team as football is England's national sport with its big funding similar in style to funding for Rugby League is in Australia as opposed to other sports within that country.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

cpwigan wrote:
Wigan Watcher wrote:
cpwigan wrote: You say so much that is incorrect. Shaun Edwards was respected by all his team mates PRIMARILY because he contributed to those said layers winning virtually every game, every competition and earning lots of money. Whatsmore, they knew so much about the sport and was a winnner. Your notion is nonsense, Andy Goodway for example could be difficult but that did not mean he wasn't respected. Umpteen players are difficult.

Oh Edwards went to London to be near his son and I think you will find decent jobs in coaching = rugby union.

It is you who is incorrect ..I was about the club at that time and saw and heard...where were you?
Watcher why hide behind a non name? Around the club could equal a turnstile operator! a steward!

Edwards was respected by everybody I have ever met from inside / outside the club. Even last week a Saints diehard said to me at the time I hated him but he was a fantastic player, a winner when talking about Edwards.
I have never hidden behind anything in my life and never will. I choose what and when I say things.. This is a forum for everyone to voice their opinions and sometimes say what they have heard...nothing more nothing less.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan Watcher wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Wigan Watcher wrote:
It is you who is incorrect ..I was about the club at that time and saw and heard...where were you?
Watcher why hide behind a non name? Around the club could equal a turnstile operator! a steward!

Edwards was respected by everybody I have ever met from inside / outside the club. Even last week a Saints diehard said to me at the time I hated him but he was a fantastic player, a winner when talking about Edwards.
I have never hidden behind anything in my life and never will. I choose what and when I say things.. This is a forum for everyone to voice their opinions and sometimes say what they have heard...nothing more nothing less.
For what its worth, the Edwards family are IMO damn fine people and you will be hard pressed to find nicer people than Shaun's mother and father. Shaun is a thoroughly decent man IMHO.
shaunedwardsfanclub

cpwigan wrote:
Wigan Watcher wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Watcher why hide behind a non name? Around the club could equal a turnstile operator! a steward!

For what its worth, the Edwards family are IMO damn fine people and you will be hard pressed to find nicer people than Shaun's mother and father. Shaun is a thoroughly decent man IMHO.
I concur with that statement. Giz is Wigan through and through and anybody stating otherwise is talking out of their aris.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Panchitta Marra wrote:Rugby League is near enough if not the national sport in Australia and along with that comes the big funding of their number one sport.
Most of the kids in schools want to play footy and its not the round ball version, so therefore are introduced at a very young age in a well controlled manner. Training for these youngsters is not as per age group but as per weight/size comparison, it is well monitored.
The Australian soccer team will nearly always come second to an English football team as football is England's national sport with its big funding similar in style to funding for Rugby League is in Australia as opposed to other sports within that country.
I don't disagree that RL is the national sport in Aus, but that is not a reason for our game to be so poor. Our schoolboys have turned over their Aussies counterparts on many occasions but we never take that success to the next level, why?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Rugby League is near enough if not the national sport in Australia and along with that comes the big funding of their number one sport.
I don't disagree that RL is the national sport in Aus, but that is not a reason for our game to be so poor. Our schoolboys have turned over their Aussies counterparts on many occasions but we never take that success to the next level, why?
Cricket is the National team Sport in Australia with Rugby League only strong in the states of New South Wales and Queensland while in Victoria, Australian Rules is the strongest game. The Rules game having descended from Gaelic football in Ireland.

All to do with history and goes back to the days of the penal colonies when English, Welsh and Scottish prisoners were sent to New South Wales and Queensland with Irish prisoners sent to Victoria.

We do beat them at Academy level, but many of the Australian Schoolboys teams which come here never progress to the top level of the Aussie game.

Panchitta Marra

I heard a story SEFC, its only second hand but I do believe there may be some truth in it.
There is a set of Weights at Leeds Rhino's gym that so far only Kyle Leuluai and Kyle Amor (when he was at Leeds) could "Bench Press". That was until the Burgess brothers arrived with Souths where George and Tom picked them up and "Shoulder Pressed" them. That is some difference in physical strength compared to possibly two of the strongest players in SL and I daresay this isnt the only areas where training methods achieve results way ahead of the game in BG and Europe.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

That weights story has no chance in hell of being true, no offence but that is probably the worst story I've heard in ages. Anyone who goes the gym will know why this isn't true at all
Panchitta Marra

Kaii wrote:That weights story has no chance in hell of being true, no offence but that is probably the worst story I've heard in ages. Anyone who goes the gym will know why this isn't true at all
That's a fair comment and as I said it is second hand but there's more than one person mentioned it and they are people who go to the gym and push weights regular themselves.