Saints are there for the taking!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Saints are there for the taking!!

Post by cpwigan »

The players already out injured significantly weaken Saints, if others like Burns and Roby are not fit then I think momentum swings heavily in our favour. We can now beat Saints!
sc74

Re: Saints are there for the taking!!

Post by sc74 »

Hopefully, confidence should be up this week and maybe a bit of doubt setting in for SH, especially now as they're off the top.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

sc74 wrote:Hopefully, confidence should be up this week and maybe a bit of doubt setting in for SH, especially now as they're off the top.
The Saints fans I speak to have been saying but this is the Derby, Wigan will hit their straps. I do think the losses of Lomax, Percival and Greenwood are big losses for Saints. Throw in possible injuries to Roby / Burns and it will be squeaky bum time for Saints!

Walsh is still not fit either IIRC.
markill

Post by markill »

I reckon Roby will play. Make a big difference that too.

We're on a great run on Good Friday though, isn't it 5 in a row including last at KR and first at LP? Let's hope we get it right again.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

markill wrote:I reckon Roby will play. Make a big difference that too.

We're on a great run on Good Friday though, isn't it 5 in a row including last at KR and first at LP? Let's hope we get it right again.
Have you ever seen Roby have a really good game when Mac has played against him Mark?
I cant remember one.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

What a state of affairs when we are relying on the opposition having lots of injuries to give us a chance of winning
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Considering the injuries that Hull KR had, especially with a decimated pack, Saints should have won with ease. I think Hull KR are underated but maybe by the same token Saints are very overated after not really playing anyone of noire bvar Warrington who were poor. Hull KR thoroughly deserved their win and it would have been a travesty if Saints had stole a draw with 2 tries off the most blatent forward passes you'll see. Saints also seem to have picked up injuries.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

old hooker wrote:What a state of affairs when we are relying on the opposition having lots of injuries to give us a chance of winning
No one is relying on anything, they have injuries, so do we!! They had to rely on Phil BENTham to win a GF, I mean imagine that!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
markill wrote:I reckon Roby will play. Make a big difference that too.

Have you ever seen Roby have a really good game when Mac has played against him Mark?
I cant remember one.
Isn't there a rule whereby anyone leaving the field with concussion is required to miss the following week?
Either way it is academic. As Marra said, Micky has never had a problem closing Roby down!
lcharnock2

Post by lcharnock2 »

Agreed they are there for the taking. I don't think Burns will play but Roby and Vea will. Hull kr ran saints off their feet on Friday, their forwards especially Walmsley & Amor could hardly run. Also Masoe only managed 15-20 mins in the whole match. We can't go down the middle against Saints because they are too big, we need to offload and I think we saw signs of that v Wakey. 'Waneball' may actually work against these lot by spreading the ball early.