Shaun Edwards

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kaii

Re: Shaun Edwards

Post by Kaii »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Kaii wrote:That weights story has no chance in hell of being true, no offence but that is probably the worst story I've heard in ages. Anyone who goes the gym will know why this isn't true at all
That's a fair comment and as I said it is second hand but there's more than one person mentioned it and they are people who go to the gym and push weights regular themselves.
I recently got a massive pec tear and broken rib so these figures are before I got hurt.

Firstly there is no fixed set of weights anywhere near the figures you'd be talking about, unless they were 60kg dumbbells (Max ive seen) but that isn't an impressive bench press.
Anyway back to the point before the injury I could bench press 180kg (a Micky Mac on each arm) and shoulder press 120-140kg. This difference is because of the muscle groups involved, if I attempted to shoulder press 180kg those muscle groups would tear instantly because they are smaller and you are not getting as much support from your back muscles. That also includes damaging your rotator cuff and not being able to play for a long time.
IMO George is way stronger than the two you mentioned (height doesn't dictate strength btw in a gym I'd happily but Micky against those two) but no professional athlete is lifting a super heavy weight in training (unless they are power lifters ofc) it's just not how you train. Technique over weight
When lifting heavy with the figures I mentioned you can feel your bones bend and joints strain, apart from the satisfaction that you did the lift there is no benefit what so ever
Wes

Post by Wes »

Kaii wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Kaii wrote:That weights story has no chance in hell of being true, no offence but that is probably the worst story I've heard in ages. Anyone who goes the gym will know why this isn't true at all
That's a fair comment and as I said it is second hand but there's more than one person mentioned it and they are people who go to the gym and push weights regular themselves.
I recently got a massive pec tear and broken rib so these figures are before I got hurt.

Firstly there is no fixed set of weights anywhere near the figures you'd be talking about, unless they were 60kg dumbbells (Max ive seen) but that isn't an impressive bench press.
Anyway back to the point before the injury I could bench press 180kg (a Micky Mac on each arm) and shoulder press 120-140kg. This difference is because of the muscle groups involved, if I attempted to shoulder press 180kg those muscle groups would tear instantly because they are smaller and you are not getting as much support from your back muscles. That also includes damaging your rotator cuff and not being able to play for a long time.
IMO George is way stronger than the two you mentioned (height doesn't dictate strength btw in a gym I'd happily but Micky against those two) but no professional athlete is lifting a super heavy weight in training (unless they are power lifters ofc) it's just not how you train. Technique over weight
When lifting heavy with the figures I mentioned you can feel your bones bend and joints strain, apart from the satisfaction that you did the lift there is no benefit what so ever
It is definitely possible for person a to shoulder press more than person b can bench press. Different people have different muscle groups they favour training for a start and different strength levels to begin with. To dismiss it is to be naive and tbf they will bench more than what they lifted to shoulder press.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

To save from having to many quotes I'll start a new, yes you are right people have favoured muscle groups. Mine is my back so any chance those muscles are used the weights fly up but shoulder press is one of the least muscle group supported exercises and it's very very easy to get hurt.
The story isn't true but this is the rumour section
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Cricket is the National team Sport in Australia with Rugby League only strong in the states of New South Wales and Queensland while in Victoria, Australian Rules is the strongest game. The Rules game having descended from Gaelic football in Ireland.

All to do with history and goes back to the days of the penal colonies when English, Welsh and Scottish prisoners were sent to New South Wales and Queensland with Irish prisoners sent to Victoria.

We do beat them at Academy level, but many of the Australian Schoolboys teams which come here never progress to the top level of the Aussie game.
you do realise that over half the population of Australia lives in those two territories, but don't let that get in the way of another good moan :thum:
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

medlocke wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Cricket is the National team Sport in Australia with Rugby League only strong in the states of New South Wales and Queensland while in Victoria, Australian Rules is the strongest game. The Rules game having descended from Gaelic football in Ireland.

All to do with history and goes back to the days of the penal colonies when English, Welsh and Scottish prisoners were sent to New South Wales and Queensland with Irish prisoners sent to Victoria.

We do beat them at Academy level, but many of the Australian Schoolboys teams which come here never progress to the top level of the Aussie game.
you do realise that over half the population of Australia lives in those two territories, but don't let that get in the way of another good moan :thum:
:lol:
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Seems to me Meds,Whelleys been on Wiki again.
BriH

Post by BriH »

ddtftf wrote:Info from inside Welsh Training camp, I was informed at 11pm last night that Shaun Edwards had handed his resignation into the Welsh RU with 6 months notice. So I just Wonder?.

Please accept that this is a rumour, but my info is from a good source.
I heard a few months back that this was going to be his last season with Wales.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

The rumours are pie in the sky. He's happy living in Chiswick with his family and has quite some time to go in RU. By the way he backed Wigan giving 24 on Friday.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

platt-warrior wrote:Seems to me Meds,Whelleys been on Wiki again.
Not wiki, just common knowledge to those who know!

Evidently, not to the Barrow Troll!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
platt-warrior wrote:Seems to me Meds,Whelleys been on Wiki again.
Not wiki, just common knowledge to those who know!

Evidently, not to the Barrow Troll!
Theres a TRoll who posts from Barrow?