Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Post by Panchitta Marra »

menpond wrote:Presumably Joel can tell him of the delights of Union,ie get squashed vey week and be seriously damaged. Sam is 100% wrong for Union,wrong type of player.Come home.
What makes Sam the wrong type of player to play union Menpond?.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

didnt he play union a couple of years ago as a one off and do well?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:didnt he play union a couple of years ago as a one off and do well?
They stuck him on the wing if I recall correctly. Sam would want to play scrum half, fly half (stand off) or fullback but any of these positions require a lot more of a kicking game than Sam has ever shown.

He could emulate Jason Robinson at fullback I suppose but I am not convinced he'd get into the England side and if he can't there isn't much point risking the switch to a code you might not be suited to IMO.

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:didnt he play union a couple of years ago as a one off and do well?
They stuck him on the wing if I recall correctly. Sam would want to play scrum half, fly half (stand off) or fullback but any of these positions require a lot more of a kicking game than Sam has ever shown.

He could emulate Jason Robinson at fullback I suppose but I am not convinced he'd get into the England side and if he can't there isn't much point risking the switch to a code you might not be suited to IMO.
Sam Burgess is struggling to adapt, Joel though got into the England side was not going to get in the side for the World Cup 2015. Its not a given that if your good in league you'll get into the England Union side.

Only Robinson has made an impact on the game, Faz did ok but he was not the player of 2 years earlier.

Tbh if the Marquee player ruling gets passed it will end any discussion of where he is going and is IL been clever dangling the carrot of Sam back in SL if this ruling gets passed. And could we also see Burgess in SL if he fails to getr into Englands next six nations side.
chris1234

Post by chris1234 »

An older guy at work, who has no real rugby interest and no reason to lie, says he spoke to a current Wigan first teamer at a family function last weekend and was told that the deal to bring Sam back to Wigan is done and dusted already....
RichardMathers @ MichaelJones86: don't bother coming then u nerd... or how's about u introduce yourself to me face to face you keyboard warrior?

MichaelJones86 @ RichardMathers: you would probably drop me, you drop everything else. Can't wait for Brett hodgson. Bellend
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

chris1234 wrote:An older guy at work, who has no real rugby interest and no reason to lie, says he spoke to a current Wigan first teamer at a family function last weekend and was told that the deal to bring Sam back to Wigan is done and dusted already....
...and why Bowen is no longer in the squad!! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
chris1234

Post by chris1234 »

Next thing Bowen will be granted an early release to return home for "Family reasons..."
RichardMathers @ MichaelJones86: don't bother coming then u nerd... or how's about u introduce yourself to me face to face you keyboard warrior?

MichaelJones86 @ RichardMathers: you would probably drop me, you drop everything else. Can't wait for Brett hodgson. Bellend
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
chris1234 wrote:An older guy at work, who has no real rugby interest and no reason to lie, says he spoke to a current Wigan first teamer at a family function last weekend and was told that the deal to bring Sam back to Wigan is done and dusted already....
Because he is like a pint of milk that's well past its use by date.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

The booze hound wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
surely he'll get better when the warm weather and the pitches get firmer faster
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote:
The booze hound wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: ...and why Bowen is no longer in the squad!! :wink:
surely he'll get better when the warm weather and the pitches get firmer faster
i Feel for Bowen, he has had to deal with fans comparing him to Tomkins in his first year and i think we have got that use to ST that Bowen never stould a chance,

he isnt a Bad fullback, hes safe hes made fewer costly errors than alot of the team this season but has copped more flak (apart from maybe Farrel and JT)

i see Bowen as a safe fullback that will have the odd occasion moment of attack brilliance

hampshire is the risky fullback that is better in attack but risks getting caught out alot more.

If Sam comes back as rumoured i can see this obviously being a end to Bowens run at Wigan,
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.