Referee for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Referee for Friday

Post by josie andrews »

03 Apr KO: 15:00 Super League Rd: 8

Wigan Warriors v St Helens
DW Stadium

Referee: P Bentham
Reserve: W Turley
Touch Judge: J Cobb
Touch Judge: C Sharrad
Video Referee: I Smith
Video Referee: P Brooke
Match Commissioner: K Leyland
Time Keeper: D Campbell
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Referee for Friday

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i think lately its the touch judges that are having more of an influence on the match if you take saints last game they got given 2 tries and could of potentially got points through 2 terrible touch judge calls, and there have been a good few this year
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

mickw wrote:As predicted, a disgrace of an appointment by saints fan ganson, any chance we had has now gone, don't tell me the games not bent.
The game is not bent you are paranoid
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

mickw wrote:
Kaii wrote:
mickw wrote:As predicted, a disgrace of an appointment by saints fan ganson, any chance we had has now gone, don't tell me the games not bent.
The game is not bent you are paranoid
and your as green as they come
No just think conspiracy theories like this are stupid, Sky/rfl are pro Saints lol last season they kept calling saints Wigan on their broadcasts and the broadcast schedule conspiracy this year has already proved to be flawed since there's not much difference between the clubs.
Sit there with your little tin foil hat thinking everyone is out to get us, Stevo who is a dick had the best reply "I'm not biased I hate everyone" (words to that effect anyway)
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

mickw wrote:Well you stick to watching sky this thread is about the appointment of officials . why appoint bentam to this game . You come on here after the match and tell me he's reffed it fairly.
I'll be at the match then straight to Hong Sing to celebrate surrounded by crying saints fans
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Kaii wrote:
mickw wrote:Well you stick to watching sky this thread is about the appointment of officials . why appoint bentam to this game . You come on here after the match and tell me he's reffed it fairly.
I'll be at the match then straight to Hong Sing to celebrate surrounded by crying saints fans
I think you might be right!! I fancy us!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

mickw wrote:Well I did fancy us but now it's a tall order.
If anything I get the feeling BENTham will favour us after the farcical GF performance!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Who would we have preferred?

Can see much difference in the experienced refs so the only major difference would be to get one of the younger ones.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Is Jon Wilkin the on field assistant ref?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
markill

Post by markill »

Mike wrote:Who would we have preferred?

Can see much difference in the experienced refs so the only major difference would be to get one of the younger ones.
Thaler maybe. He doesn't seem to be giving as many penalties at the ruck as some of the others. That could suit us.

But I've said it before, there is no inherent bias in the Super League referees. You look at any forum for any team and it will read like all the refs are biased against their side. It's the lot of being a fan.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod