Squad for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kaii

Re: Squad for Friday

Post by Kaii »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Kaii wrote:Saints have a weak injury ravaged side there, should be a good match hopefully we don't do a Leeds and under estimate their weakened side. A bit nervous tbh, last year i was confident even though they were clear favourites
We have injuries/bans to key players as well Kaii!!
TBH we look not too bad but most of our performances so far haven't been great so any advantage is welcome
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Kaii wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Kaii wrote:Saints have a weak injury ravaged side there, should be a good match hopefully we don't do a Leeds and under estimate their weakened side. A bit nervous tbh, last year i was confident even though they were clear favourites
We have injuries/bans to key players as well Kaii!!
TBH we look not too bad but most of our performances so far haven't been great so any advantage is welcome
I agree, and I wasn't disagreeing with you, just don't want all the Saints fans blaming injuries when we smash them. Lomax is a big loss and Burns, Vea is out and not had Walsh all season. Percival is another decent player/kicker, but we have no Bowen (for whatever reason), Charnley, Flower, Lockers and Crosby although he could be back. That's our 1, 2, 8, 10 and 13!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I'd have thought, with 5 games this month, Crosby needs to play, perhaps 20-30 mins, to help build match fitness. A matter of opinion whether beating Saints or improving squad for rest if season is the priority :conf:

Re the result, I'm sure we CAN win. Although it would be disappointing to lose, a good performance in a close match would be heartening after our poor start IMO.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
superleague

Post by superleague »

Not trying to be a doom monger here but an less than convincing win over wakey, (I know we scored 50 but that team was very very poor) just doesn't inspire me with confidence about getting the win. I hope I'm wrong but I see a saints win by 12-18 points, I'll still be there beer in hand cheering them on
TrueBlueWarrior

superleague wrote:Not trying to be a doom monger here but an less than convincing win over wakey, (I know we scored 50 but that team was very very poor) just doesn't inspire me with confidence about getting the win. I hope I'm wrong but I see a saints win by 12-18 points, I'll still be there beer in hand cheering them on
Don't apologise for being negative SL, we are used to it by now!! :wink: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

superleague wrote:Not trying to be a doom monger here but an less than convincing win over wakey, (I know we scored 50 but that team was very very poor) just doesn't inspire me with confidence about getting the win. I hope I'm wrong but I see a saints win by 12-18 points, I'll still be there beer in hand cheering them on

I agree with this.

i was at the match and apart from one of two brilliant moments we did not play well, however we did play a full 80 minutes and that is more than we have done all season.

i am hoping that the Victory over wakefield gave us enough of a boost to both moral and confidence that the team pulls together. a sold out stadium may also help.

Win or Lose i more want to see a brilliant game of Rugby
at the DW, which so far bar maybe the WCC there hasnt been.

packed out stadium, two teams that will be trying to rip the other team apart. i wish more game were like the derby
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
superleague

Post by superleague »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Lol......yeah I might be a bit negative but it's only because I want the best from wigan and not poor performances, I just can't gloss over the fact we have been so poor all season with an average display at best against a very poor team in wakey.
I've made my opinions clear on Wane that I don't think he's the right Man for wigan and even that some players are not good enough, but I've said it before and I'll say it again I hope wane and the players prove me wrong as I only want the best for wigan and to be the best on the pitch, I hate seeing mediocrity and that's what it has been at times this season.
TrueBlueWarrior

superleague wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Lol......yeah I might be a bit negative but it's only because I want the best from wigan and not poor performances, I just can't gloss over the fact we have been so poor all season with an average display at best against a very poor team in wakey.
I've made my opinions clear on Wane that I don't think he's the right Man for wigan and even that some players are not good enough, but I've said it before and I'll say it again I hope wane and the players prove me wrong as I only want the best for wigan and to be the best on the pitch, I hate seeing mediocrity and that's what it has been at times this season.
I was only having a bit of fun SL, and I always respect your posts!!
superleague

Post by superleague »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
superleague wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Don't apologise for being negative SL, we are used to it by now!! :wink: :lol:
I was only having a bit of fun SL, and I always respect your posts!!
Fair do's ????
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

IMO the only game this season to gain confidence from Wigan was the Brisbane game, and play like that and most sides will struggle against us. Play like any of the other games and we're too easy beatable.
50 points against a woeful Wakefield side doesn't convince me, so lets hope the derby game mentality comes strong Wigan's way but with good discipline.