Man of the Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Man of the Match

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Any body else think that Roby's game improved at our interchange when Logan came on?
He appeared to make more yards with cleaner breaks during that period.
Yes he did for obvious reasons but I can't knock Logan thought he did well!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I thought faz and Joel both ran their blood to water and defended like demons. Look what happens when we cut out the silly penalties. Our attack wasn't the best and we looked rudderless at times but we stopped them playing and took more of our chances than they did.one of my on going concern it tautie (spelling) he only seems to play 20 mins per game at minute, some of our forwards looked out on their feet at times and we only used him for 20mins.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Any body else think that Roby's game improved at our interchange when Logan came on?
I think LT has really improved from his previous spell at Wigan.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Two different players with different styles who change the order of play when they switch. It used to be the same when Micky spelled Piggy!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

PorterjohLam wrote:Mossop is awesome. You can keep Masoe.
And I hope they do. He averages about 19 minutes per game.
Nice work if you can get it! :lol:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Clubb was very good today and his 4 tackles led to the Saints error which we scored from.

Rocky deserves to keep the fullback spot for a few more games

Liam Farrell was a pain for the Saints in defence and attack.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Two different players with different styles who change the order of play when they switch. It used to be the same when Micky spelled Piggy!
Yes but Logan isn't Piggy. That's the problem.

What I don't get about Wane's substitution policy is he seems to take his best front row of en-masse at the same time roughly 10 mins before the end of the first half.

He then plays the second choice for another 10 mins in the 2nd half and then puts the first choice back on.

It's like clockwork and doesn't seem to take account of what is going on, on the pitch

curryman

Post by curryman »

DaveO wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:

What I don't get about Wane's substitution policy is he seems to take his best front row of en-masse at the same time roughly 10 mins before the end of the first half.

He then plays the second choice for another 10 mins in the 2nd half and then puts the first choice back on.

It's like clockwork and doesn't seem to take account of what is going on, on the pitch
I thought the substitutions worked really well yesterday, he had fresh Mickey, Clubb and Moose returning for the final twenty minutes and Saints could not cope with them.

I thought Joel Tomkins had his best game since returning, he made many great tackles throughout the game and played the full 80.

The whole team played well, Clubb and Moose were immense. Clubb is the future for me, along with Bateman.
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

curryman wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:

I thought the substitutions worked really well yesterday, he had fresh Mickey, Clubb and Moose returning for the final twenty minutes and Saints could not cope with them.

I thought Joel Tomkins had his best game since returning, he made many great tackles throughout the game and played the full 80.

The whole team played well, Clubb and Moose were immense. Clubb is the future for me, along with Bateman.
I also thought Joel was excellent and Moose is starting to look good again
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ian.birchall wrote:Clubb for me but did anybody else notice the tackles Mossop put in, I'm beginning to believe Parrammata might have fixed his dodgy shoulder(s) problem, let's hope so☺
Mossop's last 20 minutes were international class.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards