Re: MORLEY

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
willie c

Post by willie c »

where was this reported do you think a lot of the top six will start doing this type of thing
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
willie c

Post by willie c »

but what happens if they have a full overseas quote wire have to lose one for johns and it happens nat woods is away anyway but say wigan wanted to do it this year who would we have to lose
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

willie c posted:
where was this reported do you think a lot of the top six will start doing this type of thing
This has to be stopped. Here is an idea we play with an average side next season kind of 4-5 in the table. We sign 3 Aussies on a short term deal. Win the whole thing.

This is a joke and we must have a transfer window as in football. Maybe stops on the 1st August. What next will teams sign Newton, Dallas, Tickle, DV, Orr, Moran on a short term deal when we finish in sept. I feel sorry for the likes of Leeds and Saints who have used their cap. This punishes the best.

Super League will become a joke if Bulls or Wolves win the competiton.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

saints there rumoured to have 2 players coming in from aus on short term contracts :blush:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

sione faumuina
wairanyi koopu warroirs they play 4 :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

according to rumours is appo not coming here :angry:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

I really don't agree with players going over there just for the end of the season. I understand that some of them just want to see what the game is like over there so they can decide what to do with their future. However, some of them, in my opinion, are only going over there to get some glory after the hard work's already been done by someone else.

I really feel sorry for the players they would replace. I think i'd be telling my club where to go if they decided to replace me with an Aussie player come finals time.

The other issue i have with this is that a lot of them expect to be playing in the tri-nations tour which the first game is played at the time of your grand final from memory. Yet if the team they go over there to play for makes the grand final they want to play for them and expect their spot in the 2nd tri-nations game to still be open for them. I really don't think it's very fair.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

thegimble posted:
This is a joke and we must have a transfer window as in football. Maybe stops on the 1st August.
Very good suggestion Gimble.

Although I can understand why Cullen is excited by the idea of Andrew Johns coming to Warrington I do feel sorry for the Quota player who is deregistered. I can't see it being Nat Wood as he's carried them through this season, he will no doubt give up his scrum half position for Johns though, a bit of a kick in the teeth for a seasons hard work.

I think it will be Appo who will be dropped personally as Grose is having a decent season at FB. If I were the deregistered player I'd lose all faith in the club, this is no way to repay loyalty to the club.

With regard to the rest of the league, it is an unfair representation of Warrington's season long performances. Should they (or Bulls) reach the GF with the help of newly brought in players it would not be the same team that competed week in week out. Based on the season Saints or Leeds are the best two sides if this does become a reoccuring event and these players make an impact then I will be changing my opinions of the playoffs (which I currently think is great) in favour of a 'first past the post' setup.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You cannot blame clubs for doing this as they are not breaking any rules. However, I think it is safe to assume they will pass a rule to end this new trend from next season onwards.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
people on here would not be complaining if we signed morley on ashort term dweal
I would, whether it's a long term dweal or a short-term dweal, erm, deal. I've always said that Morley's an overrated thug, and we've enough people who conceed penalties at the moment without getting yet another prop/2nd row to go with the 10's of such players we seem to have for next season. One of those players that I would never cheer if he wore a Wigan shirt, alongside Long (I don't remember him being here first time!), Tommy Martyn, Sonny Nickle (both thankfully retired) and Spotty Harris.

[edit - add Leon Pryce onto the list: with the news that he's leaving the Kiwi Bulls at the end of this year, he's another dirty thug who would sully the great shirt of Wigan. Just because other teams play dirty a lot of the time doesn't mean we need to).
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]