Poor coaching by Wane AGAIN!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Re: Poor coaching by Wane AGAIN!!!

Post by Wes »

DaveO wrote:
Wes wrote:
DaveO wrote:If you want to be super critical you can point to some poor decision making with ball in hand in our own half. Chucking it about and as a result at least a couple of times we knocked. One close to the end after we had scored the 2nd try had me going mental!

Is that Waneball or young players lacking experience? Don't know but they really should not be doing it.

The other criticism is the attack was blunt again. Similar to the Hull game we dominated for long periods, had a lot of possession in their half and could not turn it into points.

That said it was still a very enjoyable game of RL. Very committed performance from both teams, some great hits from Wigan who I thought got really in their faces and we won!
TBF Dave both defences where awesome even when scrambling!!! In a sell out Derby game I'd take that result every time, I think our attack will get better and better as the turf dry's. My only criticism is I really do not rate gelling in the centres.
I agree the defences were good and so we wouldn't have scored a shed load despite the possession and field position but I still think we lack guile. There seem to be very few set plays as well particularly close to the line. Think we should have done better than we did on attack.

Gelling made a mess of things twice today that saw his winger in touch and I really don't think he had a clue what to do. Very committed player but if he has a future in a top side in the game I don't think it is at centre.

Overall though I really enjoyed myself today and of course the win has a lot to do with that! It was great game to watch and the intensity is something we don't see that often given the poor standard of some sides in the competition.

One thing I thought was a vast improvement was penalties conceded. We didn't give many away at all IIRC.

Be interesting to see what the neutrals make of it over on rlfans.

I know what you men Dave, I think gelling is part of the attacking problem if we had A strike centre with a pair of hands we could have posted more points. The good thing for me was Williams has rightly had some flak of late but he turned up in this game and when it mattered he made the winning try so hopefully this can spur him on to keep progressing.

Please share any good comments from rlfans Dave.

exiled

Post by exiled »

Not defending/blaming anyone, but my immediate thought was, what has happened to the old fashioned centre wing scissors/switch/drop off whatever you want to call it. Surely after the first time it should have been thought because I think it would have worked.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well its not from a neutral but from a Saints fan which had the subject of "I would like to say..."
You were lucky today and dirty...

But you werent

So I wont ;)

Amazing game and from a Saints fan...the best team won today but what a game. I know where KC is comming from in being proud of the players, so was I and a great quote from Wane too. An absolute spectacle for Rugby League. Given it was Saints and Wigan that dragged the game through the mud last october, how fitting was it that it was both of us that put on that show today.

Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope we both meet in the grand final this year.

Regards

King James
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

captinjack wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
John Ferguson wrote: Exactly. Unfortunately despite a great game and win, CP would prefer to push his own agenda against Wane.
Just replying to a few who wanted a reply.

We could have lost today and that is a game we should have won by 18+ I daresay for some a win glosses over reality.
I am getting a little fed up with CP and his constant gripe against Wane. Everytime it's the same post in a differnt way. We win and it's not by enough. I know CP that you are protected by the people who moderate this forum and should I have the temerity to say you are wrong I will no doubt be criticized. FOR GOD SAKE GIVE IT A BREAK.
:lol: Never been protected by anybody, action taken when required and as far as I can dee posting an opinion is allowed or do we live in another country / era?

I do not rate ANY British coach. Hence we under achieved and I am not one of those many people who change their opinion with the wind (in this case a win or a defeat)

We could easily have lost today which would have been a disgrace.
menpond

Post by menpond »

We beat Saints fair and square, but we were flat out,like against Leeds last year in Manchester.Then hammered by Cas in the CC. My worry is that our bodies will give out again,as we do not create space for the backs to score easy ish tries and have to fight for every try with a small side getting beaten ups.No physically easy victories.Backs look poor but we have no go forward up the middle,especially in the SR. Every match is hand to hand combat. Bateman is a stand off.never a LF.
mp
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

PorterjohLam wrote:CP you really do have the air of a man(or woman?) who thinks they're more important than they are.

We won. Literally no one cares about scoring points over you unless they're as arrogant as you're coming across.
Oddly they do which I agree is rather sad.

Personally, I like to assess the game in a rounded manner if we win or lose. Most people fixate on who said what. So just help you and others;

Today we played at our best early and late (which makes a mockery of those fans who think we are not fit BTW) when we played simple direct none Waneball RL. In between when we started playing Waneball we let a severely weakened Saints line up back in a game that we should have won easily by 18-40 points. If you say ah to hell we won who cares you find that you then lose other bigger more important games and then I guess you say ah what the hell I am happy with a 2nd rate British coach (all are BTW) and even if we should be in a halcyon era where we dominate British RL I do not care because being the very best, the Wigan Way (TRUE ONE) matter not one jot. Probably a Brit thing I guess.

N.B When Wigan are at their best they are hard asses in victory, not simply being grateful to win but being the best they possibly can be. That is WIGAN!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

the sully bar wrote:You just cant win , i swear to god if we now do the treble and win the lot you will still get on waynes back , fantastic win by the lads ! on a sadder note i hope the bloke who had a heart attack on the bridge after the game is ok :(
Wayne Bennett is not the coach of Wigan :hehe:

I refuse to accept second best. Why did we not win today by 18-40 points when Saints had no half backs and lost players during the game too.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

captinjack wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
John Ferguson wrote: Exactly. Unfortunately despite a great game and win, CP would prefer to push his own agenda against Wane.
Just replying to a few who wanted a reply.

We could have lost today and that is a game we should have won by 18+ I daresay for some a win glosses over reality.
I am getting a little fed up with CP and his constant gripe against Wane. Everytime it's the same post in a differnt way. We win and it's not by enough. I know CP that you are protected by the people who moderate this forum and should I have the temerity to say you are wrong I will no doubt be criticized. FOR GOD SAKE GIVE IT A BREAK.
I do agree that CP can go over the top at times but so do others how post only positive stuff when its obvious something is wrong.

Now do you say you just want a forum full of happy clappers who do not debate anything. Forums are open to all people to abide with the rules and CP hardly ever breaks them or even gets personal i know myself, DaveO, TBW etc have disagreed with CP numerous times. More than likely we will disagree before tonight on an issue.

CP is on here win or lose debating what he see as are most on here.

You also do a massive diservice to the Mods on here they are very lenient to all people and bans are rare they will lock a thread before it gets out of hand. And that includes the Moaners and the happy clappers. As of late they have had a lot to deal with us all on either side of the Flower debate alone.

But if you seriously do not want to read what CP says than stick him on ignore.

As for his gripe with Wane so far this season he has been right overall wether you like it or not. Todays result does not make up for the Widnes, Cas displays. Its an improvement with a lot to do but season is early and a lot to play for. But we do need to improve.
TedMac

Post by TedMac »

Time for a teeny bit of optimism, I think.

Of course, we weren't perfect - look at Gelling's decision making - but it was a great match with both sides tackling themselves stupid - and WE WON! That superlative defensive set in the 70th minute was worth the entrance fee on its own.

And....Dom Crosby, SOL and Flower are coming back.

Salford will be a real challenge and, if we can win that one, we are definitely on our way back.

As for knocking Wane, IL and various others, I can't be bothered - not today!
Ted Mac
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Never a better suggestion, IGNORE is a wonderful option. I use it for trolls etc. I advise others too for whatever reason. Put me on ignore I will not be offended in the slightest.