p sculthorpe out for season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Re: p sculthorpe out for s...

Post by Doveoverdave »

we dont tend to struggle in the forwards
:lol: :lol: :)
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

I take it you disagree with that comment then.
Welski

Post by Welski »

I've been watching a lot of NRL this season and if the gulf in ability between it and Superleague translates to the TRI Nations I fear we will be lucky to beat the Kiwis let alone the Aussies.

Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

damien morrissey posted:
I take it you disagree with that comment then.
I tend to think that we struggle in every dept., but again my glass is always half empty!!

However if we did (do) hold sway in the forwards it is in no small measure due to the presence of Scully. As much as a force as Faz in our game and his injury is a huge loss to the GB preparations for the Tri-Nations.
SiY

Post by SiY »

I can't see us beating them this year. We struggled to beat em with both Faz and Scully. Now they are both gone. I'd like to see Sinfield have a go at loose forward and maybe tickle like someone said on the bench.

We need fast wingers also to keep up with their team when (not if) they break our line.

BTW is Rads out for Tri Nations also? If so who would get that position? Im guessing Wellings will get it even though i don't think he is good enough i'd say give it Briscoe. (If Rads is back for the Tri Nations will he be a deffinate first choice?)
Champions

Post by Champions »

SiY posted:
I can't see us beating them this year. We struggled to beat em with both Faz and Scully. Now they are both gone. I'd like to see Sinfield have a go at loose forward and maybe tickle like someone said on the bench.

We need fast wingers also to keep up with their team when (not if) they break our line.

BTW is Rads out for Tri Nations also? If so who would get that position? Im guessing Wellings will get it even though i don't think he is good enough i'd say give it Briscoe. (If Rads is back for the Tri Nations will he be a deffinate first choice?)
Rads won't be back....he's out all year. Wellens will probably get it. Rads, Faz and Scully all gone :conf:
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
botica

Post by botica »

And all those wasted posters showing him in the new kit!!! Seriously though it is a big blow for the GB side.
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

According to today's Reporter, and the WEP, Newton is in doubt as he needs hip surgery.
If there's ANY doubt at all, he shouldn't play for GB, not only because of the risk during the tri-nations, but for his fitness for us next season.

http://www.wiganonline.co.uk/ViewArticl ... ID=1112593
willie c

Post by willie c »

i agree pie eaters it will be a nice change if wigan started the season with a fully fit squad after the last few seasons we have had
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra