Hampshire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Hampshire

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:
Suzieb wrote:Ryan certainly deserves that no1 shirt
He does but he will be better as a halfback eventually. Today playing anything but Waneball he would have been much more dangerous with ball in hand. His defence / positioning was top drawer.
Williams and Hampshire have been an outstanding partnership for a long period and we need to rekindle that ASAP. At the moment, if Rocky is to play fullback then I would like to see him pushing up around the play the ball billy Slater style. His pace would frighten the life out of Saints plodders
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Suzieb wrote:Ryan certainly deserves that no1 shirt
He does but he will be better as a halfback eventually. Today playing anything but Waneball he would have been much more dangerous with ball in hand. His defence / positioning was top drawer.
Williams and Hampshire have been an outstanding partnership for a long period and we need to rekindle that ASAP. At the moment, if Rocky is to play fullback then I would like to see him pushing up around the play the ball billy Slater style. His pace would frighten the life out of Saints plodders
+1, thought exactly the same, Hampshire has pace to burn with a great step and a good pair of hands. He should be hanging around even just to make the defence sweat a little on what he's going to do.
menpond

Post by menpond »

Terrific in glue conditions. Might be dry next week?/Hampshire.is made for the sun,and with the right turf and expert timing should galvanise our non existant attack.
mp
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The lad has got something you can't buy - pace. Added to that he has got the ingredient that makes great players - cockiness.

It is rumoured that Leeds are sniffing so let's get him signed up.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

He has to play from now on after that display v Saints.
Looked far better than last year and has been coached well into the FB role. Took so many kicks on the full like an "Old Pro" would do. Great positioning.
He had the angle and pace on Swift and made that tackle look very good indeed.
A very good full back performance from a 20 year old.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

I hope he gets his chance that conversion was typical Rocky during his time in the U19's, fantastic kicker and if Sam returns and Rocky goes to #6 i'd be happy
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kaii wrote:I hope he gets his chance that conversion was typical Rocky during his time in the U19's, fantastic kicker and if Sam returns and Rocky goes to #6 i'd be happy
So would I be. I still think Sam is a 6 but he's a more than good enough 1 for SL. And I think Rocky at 6 Sam at 1 is better than Sam at 6 and Rocky at 1.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:
Kaii wrote:I hope he gets his chance that conversion was typical Rocky during his time in the U19's, fantastic kicker and if Sam returns and Rocky goes to #6 i'd be happy
So would I be. I still think Sam is a 6 but he's a more than good enough 1 for SL. And I think Rocky at 6 Sam at 1 is better than Sam at 6 and Rocky at 1.
Agreed!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

He didn't do a lot going forward yesterday, but not surprising in those conditions. But what we did see was an excellent defensive performance. He has to be ahead of Bowen now, for his current form and for the future.

Looking forward to him on a dry, sunny day with a bit of space to run into...
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

bowen back in squad for tomorrow hope its just for kicking tee duties slap in face for rocky if he misses out