Win Vs Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southern warrrior

Re: Win Vs Saints

Post by southern warrrior »

i live in aus have done for over ten years and for the first time in the ten years fox sports are giving us live super league in hd oh my , first good friday derby ive seen live in that time, it started at midnight and was still happy at 2 am, what a game! thought they played really well considering the conditions. it was never gonna be game of year with that soggy track, and stains having only lost once and us not doing so well.
they stood up in defence so well all those big hits, loved it. well done Wigan.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

We still need to find a good kicking game. One deft kick from Williams opened them up. Maybe Williams or Hampshire should take control near the oppositions line rather than Smith. Repeat sets are critical in this game and we currently produce very few.

At half time, I felt as though we needed to turn their big, lumbering, pack around. Given that they were constantly offside (because they physically couldn't get back the 10) we should have been putting short kicks over the defensive line in the oppositions half.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
sc74

Post by sc74 »

When you watch NRL games with great kicking it is an absolute pleasure. Was disappointed with MS's kicking yesterday, bar the one that got away.
Maybe I'm wrong, will try and re-watch the game asap. GW at the end was amazing.
markill

Post by markill »

Farrell, J Tomkins and Bateman were 10/10

I also think Sarg put in a special effort. When we were tired and struggling to get out of our half between 50-60 minutes he put his hand up for multiple carries a set. Worked his backside off.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

markill wrote:Farrell, J Tomkins and Bateman were 10/10
So what do you think Mark, do you think we finally have a replacement for Lockers? It's this sort of game that Sean's real worth came out
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Ten coverage of the match and S L in general over in Oz. Foxsports news - their sky sports news - showed the tries and commented v favourably. Much better than the BBC for instance.
markill

Post by markill »

Kaii wrote:
markill wrote:Farrell, J Tomkins and Bateman were 10/10
So what do you think Mark, do you think we finally have a replacement for Lockers? It's this sort of game that Sean's real worth came out
I think we have a good player who can potentially play 13 and captain the side in years to come.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod