Dom Manfredi New Contract

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shaun1967

Dom Manfredi New Contract

Post by Shaun1967 »

Just been on Sky Sports news that Manfredi has signed a new four year contract.
Can't find a link yet.
Great news this. I think he has looked our most dangerous winger in the few games he has played.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
medlocke

Re: Dom Manfredi New Contract

Post by medlocke »

Good news, but would be more excited if it was 2 years, long contracts give me the feeling that IL is thinking of offloading so far down the line so he can make a nice fat transfer fee for the remaining time left on the contract
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I can't think of anyone within the club who deserves a long contract more than Dom. For those that don't know, before he could drive Dom use to catch three buses to get to training and he was never late. He optimises all that is good about our club.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
robspark

Post by robspark »

Shaun1967 wrote:Just been on Sky Sports news that Manfredi has signed a new four year contract.
Can't find a link yet.
Great news this. I think he has looked our most dangerous winger in the few games he has played.
Been saying that for a while all he needs is game time and a decent centre inside him!

Reminds me a bit of Ray Mordt, not afraid of going through opposition rather than around them.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Rarely looks out of pace in the first team and always gives 100%. Well worth his contract if true, congratulations Dom
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Doesn't seem fazed by it all either. Can't see it going to his head.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Good stuff. Hope we can keep hold of him, and he's only going to improve over time and score more tries as he gets more service.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

IMO the longer contract is to stop another Joe Burgess incident
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kaii wrote:IMO the longer contract is to stop another Joe Burgess incident
How do you mean? JB had a three year contract IIRC. How does an extras 12 months make a difference if they want to leave at the end of it?