Adverts

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
butt monkey

Adverts

Post by butt monkey »

Hi Mike, I know they generate money for the site BUT is there any way I an click them to random or something?

Any time I look for a Birthday present or surprise gift I end up with endless suggestions at the bottom of the page for sites to visit for said goods - ruins the surprise when the missus reads what I write on here :roll:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
medlocke

Re: Adverts

Post by medlocke »

ad block
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

BM, you must be using a PC or laptop? Ads don't appear when you use a phone!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

medlocke wrote:ad block
Plus 2.6.9
jobo

Post by jobo »

If you use the URL m.wiganwarriorsfans
on either a pc or mobile you get the ad free version.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

The ads are from Google's network, and use remarketing to target individuals (well, individual browsers).

They will try to show 'relevant'ads from participating advertisers, either sites you've been on or sites similar to those you've been on.

But if you buy your partner a dress for her birthday, the ad network thinks that's what you're into, and starts showing you them! Everyone who visits here will see different ads, so the missus will only see those ads if she sees the forum on your browser (which it sounds like she does). You could always send her a link to a post or a thread and she could look at it from her computer or phone instead - and she'd see her own ads not the ones you see.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Fujiman wrote:
medlocke wrote:ad block
Plus 2.6.9
On Chrome so use Super