Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Sam T @ 6 for 2016?

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wes wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Sam does not like being knocked about hence why he plays full back and even in that position Sam will offload the hard carry to his winger. The NRL was too tough / too difficult and he looked IMO at maximising the financial return for the remainder of his RL career and opted to return. Oh I forgot with the added bonus he cured his home sickness :with:
I don't agree with what your saying, I've never seen Sam shirk any impact even when he's been targeted.
You think and say what you want but it doesn't ring true with me.
+1 I'm with you PM, I actually think Sam handles the physical aspect better than he should for his frame, I also disagree about him being a flop, he was 1 of NZ Warriors best players last season.

Having been in the army and witnessed homesickness plenty of times with plenty of people I can concur with the fact that it does exist. People in the army would be genuinely homesick and be in the same country so to be half way across the world and say you are well I can sympathise with that.

If you are money motivated I am fine with that too because you are only paid what you are worth in this life, I agree with a lot of your points CP but in this case I feel you are being harsh!

Sam is rumoured to have signed with us yet IL is a tight arse and the sky money would be the same regardless of which club he went too so he can't have chosen us for the most money he could have gotten for himself!
Being abroad can also depend on your frame of mind at the time too Wes. It doesn't take much happening in the background for homesickness to set in.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

medlocke wrote:Shaun Edwards, Martin Offiah, Gary Connolly, Dennis Betts, All Failures, None of them could hack it in the NRL :exc:
Connolly and Offiah both had excellent spells Down under. Edwards did okay albeit I believe he suffered an injury that hampered his spell. I think he also stated somewhere that he learned a lot from Mick Neil about attitude / professionalism. You are right Dennis Betts and Andy Platt were largely considered failures particularly given their wages / past reputations. IIRC, both Betts and Platty returned to SL after a season too. Remind you of anybody Meds :wink:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

eccywarrior wrote:them who say sam couldnt hack nrl is completely untrue as he didnt certainly look out of place... especially in attack
Sam was not being paid what he has been to just be an NRL player. He was expected to be a Hayne, a Slater or an Inglis and hence he failed as he never met those standards. If you want proof, why did NZW not fight to retain Sam. Sam failed.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

cpwigan wrote:
eccywarrior wrote:them who say sam couldnt hack nrl is completely untrue as he didnt certainly look out of place... especially in attack
Sam was not being paid what he has been to just be an NRL player. He was expected to be a Hayne, a Slater or an Inglis and hence he failed as he never met those standards. If you want proof, why did NZW not fight to retain Sam. Sam failed.
How can you say he failed when he is still there for the rest of the season?

He had a very good first season and has only just started his second in which he is recovering from an injury. He has done exactly what the NZ Warriors signed him to do which is join the attack and get the ball out to the centres and wingers. He scored 13 tries last year, not bad for 24 matches, he was also in the top 20 for assists and line breaks. To say he has "failed" is utterly ridiculous, to suggest he was meant to be a Slater, Hayne or Inglis is even more ridiculous. He was meant to be what he has been, a very good attacking player capable of the odd bit of magic.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
because hes homesick thats why. do you watch nz warriors every week?
IN WANE WE TRUST
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Warrior20 wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

He had a very good first season and has only just started his second in which he is recovering from an injury. He has done exactly what the NZ Warriors signed him to do which is join the attack and get the ball out to the centres and wingers. He scored 13 tries last year, not bad for 24 matches, he was also in the top 20 for assists and line breaks. To say he has "failed" is utterly ridiculous, to suggest he was meant to be a Slater, Hayne or Inglis is even more ridiculous. He was meant to be what he has been, a very good attacking player capable of the odd bit of magic.
well said warrior 20
IN WANE WE TRUST
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:
medlocke wrote:Shaun Edwards, Martin Offiah, Gary Connolly, Dennis Betts, All Failures, None of them could hack it in the NRL :exc:
Connolly and Offiah both had excellent spells Down under. Edwards did okay albeit I believe he suffered an injury that hampered his spell. I think he also stated somewhere that he learned a lot from Mick Neil about attitude / professionalism. You are right Dennis Betts and Andy Platt were largely considered failures particularly given their wages / past reputations. IIRC, both Betts and Platty returned to SL after a season too. Remind you of anybody Meds :wink:
Betts and Platt were both based in NZ as is Sam.
I have two friends and ex colleagues who both emigrated to New Zealand, but after a period of time moved over to Australia which they both say is a totally different lifestyle and much more accommodating. They say they could never move back to NZ as its too dated.
I cant wait to see Sam back at the DW, are you looking forward to his return?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
Betts and Platt were both based in NZ as is Sam.
I have two friends and ex colleagues who both emigrated to New Zealand, but after a period of time moved over to Australia which they both say is a totally different lifestyle and much more accommodating. They say they could never move back to NZ as its too dated.
I cant wait to see Sam back at the DW, are you looking forward to his return?
Of course PM. Shame he ever left and broke his contract.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Warrior20 wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

Why? NZW paid Sam silly money for exactly that they wanted a Hayne, a Slater or an Inglis and they got an average NRL player. If you pay for for an Inglis and get Jo NRL Average then the player has failed and the club has too hence why they are content to let him go.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

cpwigan wrote:A contract can mean many things, ask the Leeds players. At a more basic level if club A offer Sam 150,000 for 3 years but Wigan offer Sam 140,000 for 4 years etc you can see why what appears the bigger offer is not the better deal.

Of course the transfer matters. If the Warriors have paid Wigan the full amount already then somebody the club and/or Sam has to compensate them or if NZW have only received 2/3rds then what happens re the remaining 1/3? Sam pays it or Wigan write it off if Sam re signs for us. See what I mean re the best deal.
All of the above is meaningless in terms of deciding whether or not we made him the best offer. If he comes back to us it is because we made him the best offer. That's the reason behind him leaving NZ isn't it?

What else have we got to offer? He isn't homesick and he's going to be coached by a donkey.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS