I never thought I would say this

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

I never thought I would say this

Post by cpwigan »

After tonight Gelling has earned the right to be called the Top Gun centre at the club so for me the question is no longer does Josh replace Gelling at centre but rather who plays left centre because at the moment;

Budgie, AN OTHER, Gelling, Manfredi is the best line up.

Maybe Josh will have to wait? will Thornley step up to offer an alternative? or will Sarge find the form to match Gelling?

BTW I do not think Gelling is a back rower or a winger. For me he is a centre or nothing and at the moment our best centre. If he can stop the odd dumb mistake then he can rival any centre in SL.

I need to lie down / see a doctor :eusa12:
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: I never thought I would say this

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I thought Sarginson was awful early on but I think he showed decent character and bounced back ok towards the end!! He also made a great covering tackle on the last from a kick through that bounced awkwardly! But cp you are right big improvements needed!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:After tonight Gelling has earned the right to be called the Top Gun centre at the club so for me the question is no longer does Josh replace Gelling at centre but rather who plays left centre because at the moment;

Budgie, AN OTHER, Gelling, Manfredi is the best line up.

Maybe Josh will have to wait? will Thornley step up to offer an alternative? or will Sarge find the form to match Gelling?

BTW I do not think Gelling is a back rower or a winger. For me he is a centre or nothing and at the moment our best centre. If he can stop the odd dumb mistake then he can rival any centre in SL.

I need to lie down / see a doctor :eusa12:
You need to lie down how the hell do you think we feel.

Gelling produces a performance that was unreal and we have a post by you praising him.

I need a drink. Been some night.

:D
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

Just on this, I've posted regarding the cap and the possibility/effects of letting Josh go.
I again reiterate that I'm not been negative, just looking at our current wing spots, for the money I assume he's on, I can't see a place on current form.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Yea that's right tbw I was fuming,especially after he allowed bridge to do the same move twice but he did man up and try and make amends.i thought our left to right link worked tonite( albeit first time since Tomkins left which is relevant).rocky was awesome creating this link for gels and Joel to run havoc.more please wigan
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:Just on this, I've posted regarding the cap and the possibility/effects of letting Josh go.
I again reiterate that I'm not been negative, just looking at our current wing spots, for the money I assume he's on, I can't see a place on current form.
I guess the club may look at Josh for next season if they see him as purely a winger because at the moment Buidgie and Manfredi have those wing spots nailed down.
NeeNawWarrior22

cpwigan wrote:
NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:Just on this, I've posted regarding the cap and the possibility/effects of letting Josh go.
I guess the club may look at Josh for next season if they see him as purely a winger because at the moment Buidgie and Manfredi have those wing spots nailed down.
So the scenario goes, Manfredi maintains his current form, Budgie maintains his form, there is no place for josh this season apart from the odd appearance or two (and if it does go like that, quite rightly).
Will JC be happy with this? He won't will he?
I might sound ludicrous here, but I honestly do think he has been average for a decent amount of time, if Manfredi kept his place I wouldn't be one bit bothered about Josh.
Obviously Budgie leaves next season and that opens a wing spot.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

CPW you have been drinking that whelan brew in the East Stand again....

Gelling,played well but he makes,mistakes in every game.

He might be ok in todays SL but he isnt good enough for Wigan as he doenst have a brain cell.

Having said that i cant help but like him as hes a basket case. :lol: :lol:
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It is certainly hard at the moment to look beyond the present centre / wingers. Both wingers are in awesome form. I am not sure what the opposite of lady luck is but maybe bad luck re injury may at some point offer an opening this season.
NeeNawWarrior22

East Stand Faithful wrote:CPW you have been drinking that whelan brew in the East Stand again....

Gelling,played well but he makes,mistakes in every game.

He might be ok in todays SL but he isnt good enough for Wigan as he doenst have a brain cell.

Having said that i cant help but like him as hes a basket case. :lol: :lol:
Agree entirely. I do think there is a spot for him in the Wigan team. But as a starting centre (an important position), I just think the risk is too much. Second row could be a good option. I'm sure that's the position he started out in...?