Joel must stay as right second row

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Joel must stay as right second row

Post by cpwigan »

For me one obvious difference is that come what may this team is better, far better when Joel plays right second row rather than in either centre spot.
Firestarter

Re: Joel must stay as right second row

Post by Firestarter »

Yea cpw he is a terrible centre but he is awesome in the second row.i would like to see him and gels there but after tonites performance I'll take my gat off to gels.people forget though that wires centre was very inexperienced and wane played on this with gels and Joel.he got his attack bang on tonight did shaun
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

Fantastic game tonight. My MOM.
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

He was also my MOM by a country mile, Sarge was my least so

A&l
(just like Belfast)
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I reckon he plays a bit like an extra centre with Gelling. Both capable of holding the ball in one hand and getting outrageous passes away. I'd keep him there, either inside or outside Gelling I'm not sure it matters that much.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

We arguably saw the 3 try assists of the season tonight!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

In think is matters in defence Mike, they could interchange in attack but I think Gelling's magical madness is best left at centre.
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

Joel was underdone in the 4 Nations and copped some criticism for his performances but I think he is back in form and is now the best second rower in SL.
He should easily make the England team for the tests later in the season and I expect him to be a real handful for the Kiwis.
markill

Post by markill »

The Eclipse wrote:Joel was underdone in the 4 Nations and copped some criticism for his performances but I think he is back in form and is now the best second rower in SL.
He should easily make the England team for the tests later in the season and I expect him to be a real handful for the Kiwis.
I'd say Zeb Taia, Stevie Ward and Not Greenwood have probably been the best 2nd rowers in the league so far this year, but yeah Joel is back in top form now. His offload for Manfredi last night was equalled for me by his pass for Manfredi against Wakefield. None of the three players I named before make that pass.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If he wanted to and was not as disciplined Joel could offload come what may. Even as a 13+ ish coming into the Wigan first team in the hopeless Millward era he was able to offload freakish passes. Joel also played stand off in a victorious GB Academy Tour to Australia.