Ben Flower

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BriH

Ben Flower

Post by BriH »

I was wrong. :(
I suggested the Wire game was the wrong game to make a return.
Westood and his Merry Men were dominated by our forwards for once and I thought Ben handled himself very well considering all that's gone on in his life for the last 6 months.
Welcome back and good Luck.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Ben Flower

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

BriH wrote:I was wrong. :(
I suggested the Wire game was the wrong game to make a return.
Westood and his Merry Men were dominated by our forwards for once and I thought Ben handled himself very well considering all that's gone on in his life for the last 6 months.
Welcome back and good Luck.
I said on another thread that I think the club deserve a little bit of credit for the Sam announcing coinciding with the return of Ben, maybe it was planned, maybe it wasn't but it helped Ben in my opinion. Plus the outrageous performance of Gelling took the focus off Ben as well. Also bit of credit to Silverwood who I thought handled the game really well!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I'm glad we have a thread about Ben because last night was all about Sam T returning and Gels outstanding performance.I noticed that Ben was blowing on a couple of ocassions but still managed to put the hits in.Given a couple of games under his belt he will be back to the Ben Flower of old.Welcome back young man.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

What annoyned the hell out of me was the Gob***** Eddie Hemmings saying ohhh he wont be back for the second half. Flower was not even struggling towards the end of the 1st half.

Flower played well and our pack got on top of theirs when he and Clubb came on.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wiggy was well and truely shown up last night, even Stevo had a good dig at him at one point iirc
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Thought Flower did everything and more last night. We are a better pack when he's there. He stopped big units dead in their tracks when he tackled and made good yards when he went forward. Great to see him back.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Benny is a very important cog in our wheel. I was surprised at the number of minutes he played last night.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mace

Post by Mace »

And what a great reception for him when he came on! Great stuff
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Mace wrote:And what a great reception for him when he came on! Great stuff
I could still hear Kaii booing!! :wink: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

thegimble wrote:What annoyned the hell out of me was the Gob***** Eddie Hemmings saying ohhh he wont be back for the second half. Flower was not even struggling towards the end of the 1st half.

Flower played well and our pack got on top of theirs when he and Clubb came on.
Yeah, I was swearing at the telly at that point. Flower had just made a few carries, and the on the next set had been involved in some consecutive tackles - as any forward would be he was catching his breath, and then got straight back into the defensive line.

The break has probably done him good in terms of his long-term fitness. He's had some surgery that would have probably been put off, he's been able to recover fully from that and other niggles, and he's avoided picking up anything else during the first half of the season. Should hopefully be peaking nicely come the business end of the season.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.