Gelling - Genius or Madman

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Gelling - Genius or Madman

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:... what about the pass from Joel as well, wow!! Standard second row isn't he!! :lol:
and i was wrong on this one :blush:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He's a genuine nutter - first class :lol:

Did you notice in the first half, one of Wire's young lads lost his mouth guard in the tackle.

Gelling found it, picked it up then ran up the pitch with it before throwing it into the East stand.

The poor lad was searching for it, then their physio, before someone in the stand threw it towards the pitch.

Unfortunately, it went behind the advertising hoardings. He ended up scrambling over the boards to retrieve it :lol:

Legend or lunatic, Gelling is as daft as a box of frogs :lol: :lol: :craz: :craz:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Yoko, he has loads to improve on and sometimes I want to throttle him but bloody hell he puts a smile on my face when he plays well like only a handful can do to me!!
TBW I think you have summed it up perfectly. We need to get him on the paddock for 8 hours a day and show him how to draw a defender and pass as well as being able to move the ball on quickly to his winger. Manfredi should have had two more tries last night.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I think we're all (and that includes me) are just going to have put up with Dr Jekyll and Mr Gelling every match. He did things last night that bordered on genius and other things that made you scream out loud in frustration. His try last night should be in a coaching manual - it was the perfect angle and perfect pace to break the line and score.

Let's just hope that in big matches his plusses outweigh the minuses.
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

He gets better as the seasons gone,he wont ever be world class but he has that unpredictabilty about him that any team needs you cant ask for anymore really.
RC

Post by RC »

Gelling was fantastic.

The only bad thing he did was not pass to Manfredi when he was open and about five metres away from the line.

Run riot.

Well deserved Man of the Match!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

After all the posts on here ss about gels.you have finally hit the nail on the head.when it matters at the end of the season in the big games.its soooo easy to praise one top performance and also sooooo easy to knock one terrible one.lets not forget with chances and possession we should have won this game easily.he bombed two tries and twice did silly long passes on his own try line which could have reversed the score line quite easily.im chuffed to bits he proved me wrong last night but he was playing against a very inexperienced centre.i hope he does this against a good one when it matters.dont get me wrong he is possibly the biggest tryer in the camp and wants to be involved in everything.wish he could kick goals
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

KOOCH wrote:But then he puts on this special performance where all you want to do is kiss him.
Steady on there Kooch I know he was absolutely outstanding last night 9/10, couldn't put a foot wrong but there are limits to how far this adoration should go. :inlo:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Southern Softy wrote:I think we're all (and that includes me) are just going to have put up with Dr Jekyll and Mr Gelling every match. He did things last night that bordered on genius and other things that made you scream out loud in frustration. His try last night should be in a coaching manual - it was the perfect angle and perfect pace to break the line and score.

Let's just hope that in big matches his plusses outweigh the minuses.
Wasn't it in the semi v Wire last season where they did exactly that?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Premium

Post by Premium »

Firestarter wrote:After all the posts on here ss about gels.you have finally hit the nail on the head.when it matters at the end of the season in the big games.its soooo easy to praise one top performance and also sooooo easy to knock one terrible one.lets not forget with chances and possession we should have won this game easily.he bombed two tries and twice did silly long passes on his own try line which could have reversed the score line quite easily.im chuffed to bits he proved me wrong last night but he was playing against a very inexperienced centre.i hope he does this against a good one when it matters.dont get me wrong he is possibly the biggest tryer in the camp and wants to be involved in everything.wish he could kick goals

Would endorse your comments completely
For me he is the rangi chase of the team, you don't
know what you will get from him in any game he
plays ( Sorry I don't rate RC either )

Not my type of player as his style is too
off the cuff / make it up as you go along / who cares
football type of player when he is good he is very very good
but..................