Gelling - Genius or Madman

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Re: Gelling - Genius or Madman

Post by Wes »

After his performance last night I will eat my humble pie no problem, he just needs to gain some consistency as he is like a yo yo at the moment.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

God wrote:First and foremost......why would you pick up a mouth guard? :craz: :craz: and then think " I know I think I'm going to launch it into one of the stands"

A game like that with the intensity and the quality of opposition why would you even think of these things.

A bit of a no look pass, a bit of Di Maria!!!

Like I said an Enigma!!
Like i said on the first page, he is a mind bogler :lol:
TV Warrior

Post by TV Warrior »

I think Gelling is a madman who is capable of moments of genius but won't be a genius because there is something lacking(I don't mean that in a bad way). He has all the attributes to be world class. His size and skill set lends itself to this. However something holds him back. Is it just inconsistency of youth? I don't know. What I do know is if he had already put all the pieces of the puzzle together he wouldn't be at the club.
curryman

Post by curryman »

Gelling is both genius and madman. He is exactly what we need in a side that is otherwise heavily drilled in running set plays. The right side attack - Gelling, Manfredi, J Tomkins - is absolutely brilliant at the moment and is bound to get even better with every game they play. Gelling adds an unpredictable element. He is so unpredictable that half the time his own team mates don't know what he is going to do next. And if his own team mates don't know, how are the opposition going to know?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:All the team love this guy simply because he's daft as a brush. I love him cos he's full of life, he lives it to the full, he is enjoying his rugby & is so very very appreciative of the chance Wigan have given him ????
I don't rate Gelling as a centre but I have to admire his attitude.

He is a young man a long way from home and as we have seen with Mossop and Sam T how good you are doesn't mean you want to live abroad if things don't work out.

Gelling does not exhibit such homesick tendencies. He is giving it his all so for that he deserves a lot of credit.

Doesn't make him a good centre though :)
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote:
josie andrews wrote:All the team love this guy simply because he's daft as a brush. I love him cos he's full of life, he lives it to the full, he is enjoying his rugby & is so very very appreciative of the chance Wigan have given him ????
I don't rate Gelling as a centre but I have to admire his attitude.

He is a young man a long way from home and as we have seen with Mossop and Sam T how good you are doesn't mean you want to live abroad if things don't work out.

Gelling does not exhibit such homesick tendencies. He is giving it his all so for that he deserves a lot of credit.

Doesn't make him a good centre though :)
Nice to see a player not suffer from homesickness. Lima must want a double as he is back in SL.