Wakey game; a chance to try a few things?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Re: Wakey game; a chance to try a few things?

Post by markill »

I think we need to put everything in to winning an away game rather than messing about too much. If there are fresh players coming back and struggling players needing a break to get over niggles then make changes, otherwise stick to what has won us games. If we want to go higher than where we are in the league (or even stay where we are) we need to win away from home in the second half of the season! We've less home games left than away games in the regular season now lets not forget. Top 4 will not be achieved with 11 wins.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
curryman

Post by curryman »

markill wrote:I think we need to put everything in to winning an away game rather than messing about too much. If there are fresh players coming back and struggling players needing a break to get over niggles then make changes, otherwise stick to what has won us games. If we want to go higher than where we are in the league (or even stay where we are) we need to win away from home in the second half of the season! We've less home games left than away games in the regular season now lets not forget. Top 4 will not be achieved with 11 wins.
I agree, we have to break our terrible run of away results, which means keeping a settled team where possible. For me, Bateman looked tired against Wire and could possibly do with a rest. Mickey Mac got a bad knock. There is news today of a lad in Australia (playing RU) who died from a knock that sounded similar to Mickey's. So we must be very careful with him. Other than that, assuming no more injuries, change nothing. We need the win and if it turns out to be a massacre as well, then so much the better.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

We need to make a statement away from home and win convincingly in my opinion!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

Keep the same team why change things now we've just begun to play like Wigan can play
menpond

Post by menpond »

Defo give Patrick long minutes to get match fitness as we are light in the back row. May come in handy.
mp