Manfredi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robspark

Re: Manfredi

Post by robspark »

How can a thread about Manfredi become a subject on Budgie? Dom looks like he played for 25 minutes on one leg against Cas and was obviously in pain, yet he took his try superbly evading three defenders with one leg.

I think Josh will get his opportunity next week and if so its great that we have an international winger waiting to step up and hopefully he has had the kick up the arse that was needed by the form of Manfredi and Burgess. I think he has been playing on reputation lately.

If it happens I for one will be gutted for Manfredi who has very much shown his pedigree and quality this season and deserves his place on merit.

Burgess no doubt has pace and scores tries where he has to outpace defences, Manfredi generally has to bust his way to the line which I admire. I hope Manfredi keeps his place on the right wing this season or next season as that is his natural position.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Not all of the passes to Budgie were bad early season Kooch, some of the errors made were down to himself, and possibly Budgie feeling the pressure of making the decision to go to Sydney and knowing how us fans may feel about that.
He has now got back on top of his game and is looking really sharp for me.
Irrespective of us having Dom and Josh, I think that Budgie will be a massive miss next season based on his current form.
I hear what your saying PM but at the time nobody wearing a Wigan shirt stood out in my opinion but Budgie got some unwanted attention simply because he was accused of already being on the plane to Aus.Now if he was still with us next season would the same level of criticsm come his way.I very much doubt that.He was in my opinion an easy target for the teams failure as a whole.It was a loss of form that he's now refound.
curryman

Post by curryman »

Caboosegg wrote:Wow how quickly people forget how good Charnley actually is.....

But on Manfredi. Hes playing amazingly well i actually prefer him to budgie. Budgie has moments of pure brilliance but i always worry that hes going to make a error. Manfredi however seems Solid hes a amazing finisher and makes very few errors with ball in hand. I wasnt sold on him at first but hes definitely gettimg better each week.
He's harder than algebra according to Anthony Gelling
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Any update on manfredis injury?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:I think Budgie will be a huge loss. There simply is no substitute for his pace.
So do I. I think he is the most natural winger since Martin Offiah.

I am hoping that we see him play on the wide open spaces at Wembley.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

KOOCH wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Not all of the passes to Budgie were bad early season Kooch, some of the errors made were down to himself, and possibly Budgie feeling the pressure of making the decision to go to Sydney and knowing how us fans may feel about that.
Irrespective of us having Dom and Josh, I think that Budgie will be a massive miss next season based on his current form.
I hear what your saying PM but at the time nobody wearing a Wigan shirt stood out in my opinion but Budgie got some unwanted attention simply because he was accused of already being on the plane to Aus.Now if he was still with us next season would the same level of criticsm come his way.I very much doubt that.He was in my opinion an easy target for the teams failure as a whole.It was a loss of form that he's now refound.
Got his form back by the bucket load Kooch and it's our big loss with him move down under.
I'm a big favourite of the fastest blokes being on the flanks and at Full back too.
With Gells out and if Josh goes to centre, Dom Manfredi will struggle to keep up with play if Josh breaks the line.
Would Dom Manfredi make a decent centre with his strength and build?
robspark

Post by robspark »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
KOOCH wrote:
Got his form back by the bucket load Kooch and it's our big loss with him move down under.
I'm a big favourite of the fastest blokes being on the flanks and at Full back too.
With Gells out and if Josh goes to centre, Dom Manfredi will struggle to keep up with play if Josh breaks the line.
PM On what basis do you believe Manfredi would struggle? He is no slouch himself. Don't think Manfrdi has ever played centre, he played full back occassionally at Miners.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

robspark wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
KOOCH wrote:I hear what your saying PM but at the time nobody wearing a Wigan shirt stood out in my opinion but Budgie got some unwanted attention simply because he was accused of already being on the plane to Aus.Now if he was still with us next season would the same level of criticsm come his way.I very much doubt that.He was in my opinion an easy target for the teams failure as a whole.It was a loss of form that he's now refound.
PM On what basis do you believe Manfredi would struggle? He is no slouch himself. Don't think Manfrdi has ever played centre, he played full back occassionally at Miners.
I watched swift give Dom some distance and caught up with him, the same Swift couldn't make a yard on Albert Kelly on his 90 meter breakaway try and Kelly was outpacing Swift carrying a ball. Burgess left Kelly for dead and Josh when fully fit is probably the only player who could possibly keep up with Budgie.
In my opinion, both running at their peak, Josh would beat Dom by a good 5 to 10 meters over 100m.
Just my opinion, but I did do athletics and particularly 100m from 8 years old to 15 years old.
Thats the reason I questioned if Dom would be suited in the centres as with his strong build.
You will know him better than me from watching him, possibly playing alongside him in his amateur days, what's your thoughts?

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Manfredi in my opinion would make a good back row forward.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I am not expert but Manfedi does not look like he lacks pace. To be honest if you asked me who was faster Manfredi or Charnley to me it is 50/50 with Josh possibly slowing as ge ages.