Manfredi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Manfredi

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

cpwigan wrote:I am not expert but Manfedi does not look like he lacks pace. To be honest if you asked me who was faster Manfredi or Charnley to me it is 50/50 with Josh possibly slowing as ge ages.
I agree with you cp. I would even say Manfredi is faster than charnley.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:I am not expert but Manfedi does not look like he lacks pace. To be honest if you asked me who was faster Manfredi or Charnley to me it is 50/50 with Josh possibly slowing as ge ages.
I would put money on Charnley in a footrace over Manfredi providing they were both running at their peak.
I would also say that Dom wouldn't even be anywhere near even-time over 100m, whereas Josh would be knocking on the door.
Dom is no slouch but let's face it no winger should be.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

On pure speed Charnley easily!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I thought charnley had slowed down a tad last year.Maybe he was just carrying a few knocks or maybe put on a few pounds.I think manfredi is stronger,with a better step.But charnley has a better jink and is still faster imo.
I would defo play charnley on the left wing next year.He would be just as good,whereas Dom is an out and out right winger
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
robspark

Post by robspark »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
I would put money on Charnley in a footrace over Manfredi providing they were both running at their peak.
I would also say that Dom wouldn't even be anywhere near even-time over 100m, whereas Josh would be knocking on the door.
Dom is no slouch but let's face it no winger should be.
They have never raced in training so its unknown but an teresting debate. Either way our backline is pretty awsome even with the loss of burgess.

I agree that Manfredi is a natural Right Wing and its shown in his recent form
markill

Post by markill »

Well we'll get to see how Josh can react to Dom's form if he is out for 4 weeks
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

We have three class wingers and we spend time debating who is the best two.

Perhaps we should be more concerned about who will replace Burgess as a third winger when he leaves at the end of the season.

Oliver Gildart perhaps!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

so Dom is injured and being replaced by Charnley this week, however i don't think he has to worry about getting back into the squad when hes fit. below is from the article on sky, every time Wane mentions Charnly i get the impression he either doesnt rate him or doesnt like him.

"Dom is under pressure now to get it back from Josh and I love that competition. I've been so impressed with Dom's attitude, he's been doing exactly what I wanted him to and I want Josh to do the same or else I'll make another change."

posted this in here as its to do with Dom and his injury, but to me it reads like Wane will drop Charnley at the first oppotunity to get Dom back in.

Apolgoes for the slight off topic post.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Caboose from your quote i interpret Wanes comments totally different!

I think all he is saying is that if Charnley doesnt cut the mustard he will play Manfredi when fit. Equally i think if Manfredis form slumps he will put JC in.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

thats fair enough, i am most likely wrong, but from the articles i see Wane discuss Charnley his comments always seem negative. but then again i am a very Pro Charnley fan.

with Doms form though i would have thought that Charnley will required a particularly outstanding preformance to keep Manfredi out of the squad, as Manfredi has been a stand out player of the season for me.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.