Widnes v Leeds

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Re: Widnes v Leeds

Post by Firestarter »

Anybody watching the highlights on the SL show must have noticed Phil benthams big boo boo.
Mellor took the ball up and was hit high.Bentham looked like he blew the whistle and pointed for a pen,then waved play on.All the Leeds players stopped dead in there tracks and allowed mellow an easy 4 pointer.
I'm not that bothered as it was Leeds but,can you imagine the uproar on here if it was against us?
He's a terrible ref for me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Not seen it Fire, but if as described by you, the ref can allow any advantage to follow an incident of foul play against the attacker. If no advantage then results (ie no try scored, or significant ground gained), they can always go back to the original incident and then penalise it there, and could also sin bin, or send off, if deemed bad enough.
I think that explains it according to the laws.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Not after he's blown his whistle he can't. Mind you I remember that try agianst us when the ref had shouted 5 and we'd let go of the player who put the ball down. The ref went to the screen who awarded it and later they said the ref hadn't called "held" so the tackle wasn't complete. I lost count of the number of tackles in our next game where held was not called and the tackle count was deemed sufficient. Thats my problem with the refs - they look to justify rather than improve.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
markill

Post by markill »

Firestarter wrote:Anybody watching the highlights on the SL show must have noticed Phil benthams big boo boo.
Mellor took the ball up and was hit high.Bentham looked like he blew the whistle and pointed for a pen,then waved play on.All the Leeds players stopped dead in there tracks and allowed mellow an easy 4 pointer.
I'm not that bothered as it was Leeds but,can you imagine the uproar on here if it was against us?
He's a terrible ref for me
I don't think he actually blew the whistle. He put it to his mouth but then saw Mellor get up so didn't blow.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod